LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
lollypop

Default can dogs sense past deaths/ ghosts?
since the weather is really nice here tonight i took luna out for a good long walk. EVERY house we walked by Luna pulled to sniff around at thee yard. We were about a block and a half from our house coming back and we walked by a house that within the last year a woman was brutally beaten to death (with a crow bar or tire iron) by her boyfriend (totally NOT normal for our area, but people go crazy and snap sometimes I guess.) So we get to the house and Luna stops, not pulling, still in the road, looks at the house for a second, kind of turns her head and pulls me on forward. I thought that was totally weird and creepy!! Can dogs sense ghost or things like that? Anyone else have anything like this happen to them?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
JulietOreira

I'm a HUGE believer in ghosts/spirits and the fact that dogs are more 'sensitive and in tune' then we know. I myself can see ghosts/speak (at certain times) and the times I've seen them, I've noticed my dogs looking at the same area I had seen the ghost.

Sunny seems pretty in tune with ghosts at times. Once while I was sitting with him, I saw a quick glimpse of a ghost and just as I saw it, Sunny started growling and this is a dog that I've had for 5 years and I haven't heard him growl except for that one time.

Another one. When I lived inside the house, my room was at the end of the hallway. I brought Sunny in as usual and he'd always run into my room, lay on the bed and go to sleep, he'd done that fine for the past 2 years. That night, he'd run half way up the half way, stop, bark/growl and run back outside, he did this for 5/10minutes before he finally went in. A few minutes later, I see a ghost walking down the hallway, coming down from the direction Sunny was barking/growling at.

I've also met several animals who will react to ghosts.

So, to answer your question, yes, they can.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 AM   #3
DurryVony

I feel like animals and children able to experience things like that because they are more "open". They don't have the guards or "mental blocks" (whatever you want to call it) that adults/humans have.

Old 02-29-2012, 03:26 AM   #4
Irravepem

I'd like to hear this covered on "Coast to Coast". LOL

Old 02-29-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
lollypop

when I lived with my parents that house was definatly haunted! when my dogs were in the house it wasnt uncommon for them to look around and bark randomly, not to mention the time i was in bed and woke up and thought my cat was laying by my head bc of the indention on the mattress so i told her to get off and the indention released, never heard her jump off the bed and my door was shut so i got up and looked for her, finally found her in my moms closet (moms door was closed too) and she had been sleeping there all night mom said, or buttons being pushed on the microwave, feeling people walk past you that were not there.... I believe in paranormal stuff too but never had just been walking down the road and have an animal see somethin then!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:07 AM   #6
isogeople

I will simply say that I think animals can sense things that we as humans cannot. Who knows what the dog may have sensed during a walk near the scene of a brutal murder. It's impossible to say. On the other hand, perhaps maybe nothing much.

The dogs behavior as described was perfectly normal under any circumstance, quote ... "Luna stops, not pulling, still in the road, looks at the house for a second, kind of turns her head and pulls me on forward." ... my dog does that quite often during our walks ... usually it's because Mason smells cat poop or something in the homes yard.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #7
PIORARMADDERI

I dont know what I believe when it comes to ghosts and stuff, but I had something similar happen to me.

We walked by the school we live by, and Leon stopped dead in his tracks and stared at the football field, I saw absolutely NOTHING there. He was growling at it and I tried to keep going forward but he kept growling and even walked backwards and kept looking at the spot with raised hackles and a very distinctive growl. He seemed very determined.

There had been a sighting of a pack of wolves in the neighborhood at a near by park the night before, as well as a bear sighting on the main road, AND coyotes are ALWAYS crossing the football field. So idk if he was sensing something un-natural or supernatural or if he knew there was legitimate danger somewhere out there.

I have no clue if any one was ever killed at the school or in that spot but he sensed something and he definitely let me know be it another animal or a ghost or something.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #8
Savviioor

Because of what happens as the body starts to break down after death, the odor is very distinct, tends to cling, and unless you have it professionally done or know the chemicals to properly clean it yourself, practically impossible to get completely rid of. So if someone or something died in the house your dog smelling it and reacting to the smell wouldn't be unheard of

Old 02-29-2012, 05:30 AM   #9
soajerwaradaY

I will simply say that I think animals can sense things that we as humans cannot. Who knows what the dog may have sensed during a walk near the scene of a brutal murder. It's impossible to say. On the other hand, perhaps maybe nothing much.

The dogs behavior as described was perfectly normal under any circumstance, quote ... "Luna stops, not pulling, still in the road, looks at the house for a second, kind of turns her head and pulls me on forward." ... my dog does that quite often during our walks ... usually it's because Mason smells cat poop or something in the homes yard.
Yeah, there is more between heaven & earth than we know but I don't believe in spooks & ghosts per se. I do believe their is something, though. A few weeks ago a friend was visiting his aged father, his mother had passed away some months before. My friend has 3 dogs who were all in the living room while he had a cup of tea with dad. Apparently he had a feeling which put the hairs up on the back of his neck, the dogs scattered about the room all lifted their heads & watched something cross the room. they were aware of something he was not & all looked at exactly the same place...
Who knows eh? I do know that we can sense things, sixth sense you could call it, I prefer to think more attuned to our surroundings. I spearfish & I'm sure good hunters will have experienced the same thing. Underwater I know when I am being followed, fish will follow at a distance hoping for food, bigger fish follow them. Every time I get that little internal alarm bell & look around, sure enough, my prey is behind me, laughing probably. Bare in mind I'm 20 mtrs under the water, barely any sound, no smell, restricted vision etc. Freaky. If I can sense like that dogs must be in a different league.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:31 AM   #10
isogeople

My weird experience with Rowdy (r.i.p.) was while standing quietly in our own backyard. I was standing just a few feet from Rowdy one late afternoon. We had been relaxed and just hanging out. Rowdy sat quietly and began to focus intently on something I could not see, in the middle of the yard, in the air and a few feet above the ground ... a wide open yard with no trees or shrubs. The nearest plant or obstruction was at least 40 or so feet away.

It wasn't something flying around. Judging by Rowdy's intense focus ... its was something stationary. After several long moments (maybe a minute or so), Rowdy jumped up and ran to the middle of the yard. Looked up and barked several times at "something". I never knew what it was ... there was nothing in the air there that I could see. Crazy dog

Old 02-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #11
lollypop

yes it very well could have been nothing, i just found it strange!!! i guess its one of those instances you actually had to be there to get the vibe or whatever kind of thing!! i had actually not even been thinking when I came up the road that way about the house, but she had pulled to sniff at EVERY yard and driveway we came by!! but we walk to this house and it was like she just stopped, stopped sniffing around, just completely stopped, then stared at this house of all houses... I know it very well could have been coinsidence though! Just what are the odds LOL

Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #12
JulietOreira

I find your cat experience odd and a tad scary.

It very well could have been something spooky. You get a feeling, a vibe, sometimes you just know its a spooky thing and not just a normal thing. I've had so many ghostly experiences it's not funny. I find it interesting though.

Why do you believe in them?

Old 02-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
lollypop

Just things that I've seen and the things I've heard that I can't find any other explanation for. Specifically when I was younger, stayin at a friends house where an old lady died, I was walkin alone to her room and saw a grey-ish mist lookin lady goin into one of the bedrooms, later find out that was her room, and at my parents house, along with the other things that happened, I was playin before bed and this little girl came in and told me my dad was dead, idk why, he wasn't, but even my parents remember me screaming and running to them..... Or since I moved out the first place we lived cabinet would open and close themselves, footsteps up and down the hall at night and noone else in the house, my dryer was completely closed and thendoor had a latch and it popped wide open, then closed itself, water faucet turned on Lol Or maybe I'm just completely crazy!!

Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
lollypop

Oh and my friends a couple houses down husband died in her house of cancer, me my sister and this lady were standing outside and I saw a shadow of a man walk between a tree and her shed, I didn't wanna say anythin because physically not enough room for that sized man to get through and noone ever didncome out after I saw the shadow but after a few minutes my sister said you guys are goin to think I'm nuts but I swear on my life I saw a shadow of a man walk between there and never come out..... So either crazy is something normal in my family or there really is paranormal things out there and I choose to believe there is

Old 02-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
strmini

No they cannot sense ghosts because they don't exist.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #16
JulietOreira

Whit:

Thanks for sharing those experiences. Crazy isn't in your family, lol. My close blood family can see things sometimes but it's my aunt/cousins who can see ghosts. I am guessing I got it mainly from them.

Have you had many more experiences?

I see shadow ghosts a lot. My deceased brother follows me around a lot, he shows himself as a shadow.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #17
abishiots

Wow,that's brutal. METAL!!!!Anyhow,Im with Billy. Ghosts are not real. The most I can accept is that maybe what we think are "ghosts" are simply energy.Nothing supernatural,not souls. Everything in the world contains energy and I don't think it's too far fetched that maybe a person's energy can remain after they die. I guess it has to go somewhere. It's all simply science.That's it.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
JulietOreira

Science, ha. Science can't prove everything so it's not always a reliable source.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #19
abishiots

Yeah....what has science ever taught anyone...Saying shit like that only makes you sound even less credible.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
JulietOreira

It has taught us many things but you don't always need to rely on science to know some things are real.

Reply to Thread New Thread