LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
Johnny

Default Small Step For The Pit Bull.
Not that it is much, but thank goodness my mother knows how to listen sometimes. She lives in Ontario,Canada, where Pit Bulls are not only illegal but hated very openly. When she first heard I got Slayer 8 months ago, she flipped and told me it was stupid and irresponsible to own such a dangerous dog.
Over time I have talked with her off and on about Slayer and sent her the odd picture of her. Today while I was talking to mom on the phone Slayer licked my ear so I called her a stupid mutt (playfully) and shoved her into the pillows. My mom pipes up with "what did you just call my fuzzy grandbaby??"

LoL I would say she changed her mind.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:38 AM   #2
KLIMOV25gyi

Awwww. I wish my FIL would come round. My MIL and my husband and I have been bombarding him with pics of the dogs sleeping with his grandchild and adorable stories for over a year and he still thinks the dogs are going to eat babies and I am an irresponsible mother for having them.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:38 AM   #3
effebrala

HAHA! one more for our side! nice..

Old 10-21-2011, 03:39 AM   #4
Johnny

Awwww. I wish my FIL would come round. My MIL and my husband and I have been bombarding him with pics of the dogs sleeping with his grandchild and adorable stories for over a year and he still thinks the dogs are going to eat babies and I am an irresponsible mother for having them.
Damn it, how much proof do people need??? I hope he eventually comes around too MJ.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:42 AM   #5
lovespellszz

My whole family, except the ones I live with, thinks they are going to eat you in your sleep. I'm glad yours came around. I don't think mine ever will!

Old 10-21-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
pseusawbappem

Haha, That's awesome! My mom has always wanted a dog like Petey from the Little Rascals, but she was scared of pit bulls so she got a boxer instead (that dog has been a nightmare, by the way) And I saw a litter of "pit bulls" on craigslist and one had that adorable little eye patch and she's been trying to convince my dad to let her get one. My dad told me she said "I want the next dog we get to be like Baloo. He's so good at cuddling"

Old 10-21-2011, 04:13 AM   #7
offemyJuccete

How could you not change your mind? Look at that picture of slayer she is adorable

Old 10-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #8
Zaebal

that is great news! tiny steps lead to bigger leaps

Old 10-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #9
KLIMOV25gyi

Umm, Slayer? Aren't you supposed to be getting prepared for your wedding tomorrow? GTFO the forums, woman!

Old 10-21-2011, 04:37 AM   #10
Johnny

I want to...trust me..I SHOULD be cooking.....BUT my In laws are in the kitchen and won't gtfo and im on the forums so I don't have a panic attack cause they decided to do the rest of the shopping..TOMORROW MORNING. WTF Ok..end rants.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:41 AM   #11
spaxiaroorbes

Nice one !!!

Old 10-21-2011, 05:09 AM   #12
nretdjuend

Lol hell yea SG!! I know my Mom, Gma and everyone else in my blood family calls Bear and my sisters dogs their "Grand Dogs" and a few other things lol

Old 10-21-2011, 05:29 AM   #13
Soulofpostar

I wouldn't quite say they are openly hated! Most individuals here do not even know there is a ban on them. No one in the GTA even really muzzles their dogs, because AC (in Toronto anyway!) will only respond to a flat out complaint. Northern cities don't really enforce the legislation either.

But YAY!! ^______^"

Old 10-21-2011, 05:32 AM   #14
forexsoft

Haha, yeah. My boyfriend's Dad always tells me not to "put my face too close to her" or at least he said it once...he said it's "in their nature to bite people". I just didn't even say anything. HE is one of those people that suffer from stupidity, not ignorance.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #15
herawaq

My MIL thinks ours is just the cutest thing in the world... but its not allowed in her house or around her dogs lol she seems to think vi will destroy her house eat her and kill the dogs

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

oo and i forgot to mention she has a over 100 pound German Shepard that is both HA and DA yet my dogs the evil one go figure.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #16
Hammaduersnes

My MIL thinks ours is just the cutest thing in the world... but its not allowed in her house or around her dogs lol she seems to think vi will destroy her house eat her and kill the dogs

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

oo and i forgot to mention she has a over 100 pound German Shepard that is both HA and DA yet my dogs the evil one go figure.
Don't you know? Pit Bulls are vicious baby killers and GSDs are Rin Tin Tin.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #17
herawaq

lol... i just find it amusing because our pitbull is only 4 months and as sweet as could be.. and then her GSD is 2 years old bites other dogs and you have to watch as you walk pass there yard cuz there fence is 4 foot and this dog can stand over it up to its area so only its back 2 legs are in there yard and tries to bite you.. it just makes me laugh but its ok for theirs because its there UNTRAINED "guard dog"

Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #18
adesseridopaw

Woohoo! That's an awesome step forward!!

My father used to be one of those "Pit bulls are maneaters!" types... until Bindah was dropped off on our doorstep. Slowly, he came around to her... and the first time I moved out, he asked to keep her A good dog is a good dog... and if thrown in someone's face long enough, most people get over their theories of "pit bulls" and realize a good dog when it's right infront of them!

Old 10-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #19
themsrsdude

My family catches quit a bit of flak around here since we have 4 young children, and pit mix, and an apbt. Not to mention that they're both very much still puppies. Apparently, we should have considered the fact that they'll both eventually eat our children before getting them.

Any time select ignorant family members say something along those lines, I just reply "well, why on earth did you think we had so many kids?? We had to make sure we had spares in case the puppies got hungry!"

On a SN, it's somewhat funny when someone says something to our older kids about the dog's being "mean" or something, they've taken to replying something along the lines of "yes, they're very mean, they lick me all the time, and force me to snuggle on the couch.". I love my kids....lol

Old 10-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #20
KLIMOV25gyi

My family catches quit a bit of flak around here since we have 4 young children, and pit mix, and an apbt. Not to mention that they're both very much still puppies. Apparently, we should have considered the fact that they'll both eventually eat our children before getting them.

Any time select ignorant family members say something along those lines, I just reply "well, why on earth did you think we had so many kids?? We had to make sure we had spares in case the puppies got hungry!"

On a SN, it's somewhat funny when someone says something to our older kids about the dog's being "mean" or something, they've taken to replying something along the lines of "yes, they're very mean, they lick me all the time, and force me to snuggle on the couch.". I love my kids....lol
On my own SN, we were joking with Rita a few nights ago. She was doing her usual crawl into the husbands lap and lick him obsessively while wiggly and waggling because he came home after being at work, which must feel like he was gone for an eternity to her the way she acts.

I said "Oh, noes! Rita, you're a Pit Bull! You're a vicious killer! Did you know you eat babies and tear people to bits?"

Without missing a beat, my husband says "She shoulda started with your brothers kids. I bet he only got her as post-birth birth control and just gave her to us because she failed to eat the boys."

I about died laughing.

My son says the APBT's "force" him to snuggle on the couch, too, only he has a special take on it. "No, Mom, I can't get up and do XXX. The dogs are making me pet them." Nice try, boy, now get up and do some chores!!

Reply to Thread New Thread