LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
Lorionasodi

Default New Vet - Big Improvement
Some of you may remember me posting about my previous vet in this thread, needless to say I won't be going back there!

Today we went to meet Dr. Murdoch and already I am much more pleased.
The clinic itself seems much more professional, the staff were more welcoming and friendly that those at my other clinic.
Dr. Murdoch did not rush us like our previous vet, she actually seemed interested in talking about our pets with us.
She prescribed us Avantage Multi but also assured me that there's not been one case of HW in our town for as long as she can remember, so that was also good to know. She also showed us a flea that we took off Bransen under a microscope while it was still alive - so gross! It was interesting though and seemed nice of her to bring the equipment in to show us just for the fun of it. They were identified as Cat Fleas (by their heads, I guess) and so I am blaming Pooch (the cat) for it. Both of them had a general check-up and are in great shape - though I knew that already!

Bransen lost 3lbs since his last weigh-in about a month ago, so I was pleased to hear that as well.

Anyways, I couldn't be happier with this new vet and I can't wait to talk more with her!
Just thought I would share.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
Hamucevasiop

that's good news! Glad you found her!

Old 01-10-2011, 12:56 AM   #3
Calluffence

Awesome..sounds like a MUCH better place.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
Lorionasodi

It is! I'm so happy to have found a vet that didn't look at me like an idiot when I mentioned Taste of The Wild kibble or environmental allergies.
Her showing us that flea under the microscope alone was an indication that she at least cares enough to spend some time with us and not rush through every appointment.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:22 AM   #5
Calluffence

Indeed!!! Man..I wonder if slayer has fleas...sometimes my mom in law SWEARS she has been bitten by a flea.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:29 AM   #6
Lorionasodi

You should talk to your vet about flea & heartworm prevention, that shit's important!

Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 AM   #7
Mangoman

Glad you found a good vet! We are looking into finding a new one as well =)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Old 01-10-2011, 03:24 AM   #8
Lorionasodi

Thanks! Best of luck in your search!

Old 02-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #9
Krruqgwt

That is wonderful to hear! It is really sad to know there are some shady, unprofessional vet practices out there. Heck, I took Peyton to a low-cost clinic recently to get his yearly boosters and a general exam, and the vet there (who must have seen TONS of dogs that day) was super sweet, professional, took her time to explain each booster she was giving him among other things and even took a moment to love on him and give him a cookie after. If a low cost clinic can do that, why can't an ACTUAL full service vet be as professional?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #10
Lorionasodi

If a low cost clinic can do that, why can't an ACTUAL full service vet be as professional?
Exactly!

Forgot to mention, yesterday when Dr. Murdochs' receptionist called my previous vet to get my records faxed in and guess what? My previous vet has no record of me or any of my pets! WTF? I have an invoice from just a few months ago when I took Jade in after she got in a scrap and an even more recent invoice from a rat that I took in to be PTS. How do they not have my name in their system at all? Seems pretty unprofessional to me.

Reply to Thread New Thread