LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-03-2011, 06:35 AM   #1
propolo

Default Looking for some help
Hello,
I'm new here and I am writing in hopes to find appropriate homes for my dad's soon to be born pit bulls. His dogs are a brindle? male and a blue female pit bull who are very sweet temperament, good with other dogs, etc. Unfortunately he was very irresponsible and didn't have them spayed/neutered for whatever reason and an accidental litter is on the ground. I'm a border collie person, have done border collie foster care for years, but have no knowledge of rescues for pit bulls, or who to contact. Can anyone lead me in a direction to help him out? He lives in Shelton, WA and I would be scared to death for some drug addict idiot to get ahold of one of his pups through the shelter, that's why I prefer a rescue org. Also the shelter there doesn't accept pit bulls, they euthanize them immediately.

Hope someone can help...

Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
flower-buy

Spay/abort.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #3
SoorgoBardy

Personally I would recommend a spay/abort. If they're not born yet it can be done and then prevents any more accidental litters from here on out. That's about all I can suggest...

Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
SonicPs

I agree on spay/abort. There are far too many pit bulls in shelters waiting for homes and we certainly don't need any more homeless.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #5
SergeyMaikov

I agree

Old 03-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
Nicihntm

If the dogs were not spayed/neutered, How could this have been a accident? You have 8 weeks to find a good home for the puppies. You should have your dad's dogs spayed/neutered before you have another accidental litter.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #7
teewHettive

Hello,
I'm new here and I am writing in hopes to find appropriate homes for my dad's soon to be born pit bulls. His dogs are a brindle? male and a blue female pit bull who are very sweet temperament, good with other dogs, etc. Unfortunately he was very irresponsible and didn't have them spayed/neutered for whatever reason and an accidental litter is on the ground. I'm a border collie person, have done border collie foster care for years, but have no knowledge of rescues for pit bulls, or who to contact. Can anyone lead me in a direction to help him out? He lives in Shelton, WA and I would be scared to death for some drug addict idiot to get ahold of one of his pups through the shelter, that's why I prefer a rescue org. Also the shelter there doesn't accept pit bulls, they euthanize them immediately.

Hope someone can help...
Wow,really? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Glad I can say I've never had any "oops" litters.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #8
Adimonnna

Take them to the shelter that euthanizes.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #9
Tauntenue

Yeah I agree with spay/abort, and having the male & female spayed & neutered ASAP.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
Ruidselisse

no kill shelters are part of the problem, not part of the solution...
if they are already on the ground as I read in your post, and there are too many dogs in your area... as hard as it sounds, I agree with Jim... take them and have them put down....then fix the dogs so this does not happen again....saving these dogs may sound like the thing to do, but adding to the problem is all you are doing....

Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #11
rikdpola

Obed's right. Unfortunately...there's nowhere for them to go. Even if you could find folks to take them, very few people are responsible enough to care for a dog at all, let alone a pit bull.

They'll just end up bred, dumped, fought, or allowed to get into trouble and possibly bring BSL down around the area.

Even rescue orgs. have a really hard time placing pit bulls. There are just not enough even semi decent homes available for a goldfish, let alone a high drive dog.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
MediconStop

Hello,

Hope someone can help...
Why would you be scared a drug addict would get a pup through the shelter?A drug addict probaly has more important things to do than get something that would take money away from his "habit". If you're worried about who will get the pups,kill them.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #13
geniusxs81

Wow. Didn't know there were so few options.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #14
Ruidselisse

Wow. Didn't know there were so few options.
it is not that the options are so few... it is just that not all options that look good on the surface actually help deal with the reality of the issue....
people who mean good, and want to "save" all dogs, do not understand what the problem really is... there are just too damn many dogs...and too few people who are responsible to care for them....since we can not create the number of people needed who understand the breed and will properly maintain them .... we can only do the thing that makes sense... reduce the number of dogs.... have you noticed the number of people who use the term "close the circle"... well that is what we have to do if we want less BSL and government interference with our dogs.. the folks who know, who are responsible are being adversely affected by giving dogs to those who do not... meaning well, does not mean performing well... so yes the number of dogs available must be reduced, either by fixing dogs and preventing unwanted/un-needed dogs, or having dogs put down... hard reality because of foolish irresponsible behavior on the part of dog owners...

Old 03-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #15
flower-buy

Wise as ever, Obed!!

Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #16
nd90t3sf

There is no such thing as an accidental litter. Especially when you have a male and female sexually intact and living together. What on earth did he expect to happen? Now as everybody else said, there are no options. Just kill em. For every responsible person you might find to adopt one, another dog in a shelter somewhere will die anyway. So the best you can hope for is exchanging one life for another.

My guess is this will happen again as your dad will probably not fix the dogs after this due to the fact that if he were a responsible owner it would have already been done.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #17
BadbarmrapBef

it is not that the options are so few... it is just that not all options that look good on the surface actually help deal with the reality of the issue....
people who mean good, and want to "save" all dogs, do not understand what the problem really is... there are just too damn many dogs...and too few people who are responsible to care for them....since we can not create the number of people needed who understand the breed and will properly maintain them .... we can only do the thing that makes sense... reduce the number of dogs.... have you noticed the number of people who use the term "close the circle"... well that is what we have to do if we want less BSL and government interference with our dogs.. the folks who know, who are responsible are being adversely affected by giving dogs to those who do not... meaning well, does not mean performing well... so yes the number of dogs available must be reduced, either by fixing dogs and preventing unwanted/un-needed dogs, or having dogs put down... hard reality because of foolish irresponsible behavior on the part of dog owners...
Well said. It may not be the prettiest option but spay/abort is the best thing you can do right now.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #18
Corporal White

I don't think you guys read all of op's post: >>"litter is on the ground".... Too bad he didn't spay/abort when he had the chance!

Old 03-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #19
Tauntenue

I'm new here and I am writing in hopes to find appropriate homes for my dad's soon to be born pit bulls.

Unfortunately he was very irresponsible and didn't have them spayed/neutered for whatever reason and an accidental litter is on the ground.
I don't think you guys read all of op's post: >>"litter is on the ground".... Too bad he didn't spay/abort when he had the chance!
Yeah, OP was confusing, see what I quoted. One says soon to be born, and then the next sentence says the litter is on the ground.. so I'm not sure which it is.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #20
66paptroump

If the pups haven't been born yet, please spay/abort. If the puppies have already been born, please spay and neuter all of them before giving them away and get the parents fixed. Either way, you can fill out this short application to help cover the cost: http://www.pbrc.net/fund/ap_neuter.html

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Letting your dog have puppies can cost you a lot and even your dog. A spay/abort now, will eliminate complications like this: Some people have to learn the hard way... - General Dog Discussions

Reply to Thread New Thread