LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #21
rojettafoxx

When I was really little, we had a Cocker Spaniel.. I don't remember much about her only she was a HUGE digger.
Then we got Mandy, a mixed breed cocker/poodle/?????? We had her until she was mid to late teens.
After her I got my first dog (still a "family" dog tho) Cody was a pound puppy. Spaniel/wire hair terrier/?? super smart dog.
When she was about 15 my sister got Bailey, a Cocker Spaniel/Blue Heeler mix.

I "got" Rosie after I met DH. She WAS his dog, she has since claimed me as her person. Then in Oct of 08 DH & I adopted Nick.

I didn't have a lot of dogs growing up, I did the horse thing and showed for MANY years. I've found that training dogs is VERY similar to training horses. A lot of the basic elements are the same.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:14 AM   #22
Veveseinlep

Family dogs growing up:
Muttley (Border Collie) - I don't remember her, she was rehomed when I was really little because we moved.

Buddy (Border Collie) - We got him as a puppy and he lived 14yrs, died from being run over for the zillionth time. He was awesome and put up with me "training" and generally mauling him when I was a kid. Super high drive and hyper as hell. Probably comepletely ruined me for any dog that isn't high drive

Dogs of other family members:
Puppy/Roy/Pike/etc... my aunt and uncle have always had a big pack of BC's and BC/Aussie mixes. She babysat me when I was little so I was always hanging with the dogs.

Lupus (white shepherd thing) - Was my grandparents, I remember sitting against her when I was tiny and she was ancient.

Foster:
Sparky (APBT) - made me fall for the breed. It was a very hard, but right decision not to keep him. I will always love the breed, but its going to be a very long time (if ever) before I'm ready to own one of my own because no dog can replace him.

MINE!
Lily (GSD/Siberian Husky mix - 3yrs) is my first dog of my very own. I visited like 4-5 shelters to meet dogs whose petfinder profiles I'd read... after all that I knew the second I laid eyes on her. She was just perfect. She is my ideal in a dog and is my once in a lifetime dog. She was about a year old when I got her, totally untrained, seperation anxiety, kinda skittish. Knowing her like I do, whoever owned her beat the crap out of her and dumped her to starve on the street before AC found her. It took about a week of taking her everywhere with me before it sunk in that I wasn't going to leave her somewhere... you should have seen the grin! Anyway little over two years later and she's just fantastic. SO much fun to train and can do absolutely anything. Smart to the point of creepy. Like I said, she's perfect.

Scout (GSD/Sibe... heavy on the GSD - less than 2yrs? Not sure on that...) is a very recent addition, even though she decided I should be her human a few months ago. My friend's mom went to Bozeman to get her from her original adopter who had to rehome. She was in the shelter from the big bust in Butte with like 80 dogs and puppies on a bus. Her tail is kinked to the right from being broken as a pup on the bus. Anyway my friend's mom moved to Oregon and couldn't take her with right away... then circumstances changed and she now can't take her at all so I got taken up on my offer to take her. It won't be much of a hardship, she's super sweet and no trouble at all. Kind of shy because she hasn't had much life experience, but she's going to be super easy to train.

My next dog in life will probably be a working line GSD, unless another stellar rescue fall in my lap of course. That should be quite a ways down the road though because I think I'm good on dogs for right now!

Old 09-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #23
JorgiOLusinio

Let's see here :

All of these have been family dogs now I have never had my own personal dog since I still live at home.. but they are just as much as mine.

When I was really young -

Lucy - black lab RIP we put her down because she was human aggressive.

Tommy - border collie cross we gave him away when we moved. I will admit I didn't like that dog at all. He was really weird.. one time he pee'd on my aunt's shoe. That was hilarious.

Daisy - APBT/boxer cross I am sure she is dead now. I loved that dog so much. When I was in grade school one day she followed me to school and my mom had to come get her.

Also we babysat some kids when I was younger and we played musical chairs and when we moved she jumped on us. It was cute. We gave her away because we moved out of state. I wish we hadn't she was an awesome dog and she is the reason why I love APBTs.

Buddy - basset hound/beagle cross RIP he was a damn good dog. We had him for 12 years.

Nugget - great dane/lab cross I am sure he's gone now too. When we got him he jumped the fence and we never found him.

Rocky - black lab RIP - damn good dog he loved everyone and everything. He was so smart we got him from a BYB when Buddy died and on Christmas I got him a nylabone and he refused to open the wrapping paper so we opened it and he opened the package by himself.

Jenny - rottie/lab cross we had her for 10 and a half years. She passed away a year ago and she was my best friend. I loved that dog so damn much.

I trained her in 4-H and she did really well. She would never listen to my parents to get back inside the house. She was a house dog but she loved being outside so when I wanted her to come in she knew I meant business.

With my parents it was horrible. I think it's because we had a special bond and training her in 4-H was the best thing ever.

Ginger - corgi/lab cross RIP - She was my grandmother's dog but we inherited her when she died.. I remember when she got her she hid her under a pillow I made her for Christmas and I almost sat on her.

Current dogs -

Buster - 6 year old coonhound. He is my dad's buddy. He loves everyone especially my dad he can't wait until he gets home from work! We got him from a 'free' ad which I am darn sure was a BYB when I was sick.

I was joking with my mom we should get a hound.. so she brought him home. He is the most quirky dog ever, seriously.

We have always loved the hounds. BUT I always joke in looks he is a hound.. but in personality he is so not. OK he's a major pain in the ass sometimes but he doesn't follow his nose everywhere he goes unless it involves food.

He doesn't run away, he never jumps the fence. He is a PITA at dinner time though ... well anytime you're eating he has those big brown puppy-dog eyes my mom and dad give into all the time. Anyways I don't think there is a hound like him because he listens and is trained very well.

Rudy - 2 year old terrier mix. We got him from an abusive situation and the people said he'd be 5 lbs. he is like 30 lbs. now. They said he's a rat terrier blah blah blah.. That's the kicker with him. Well after we had him neutered he hid under the bed. He was pissed.

Dixie - 6 months old schnauzer/terrier mix. She was a rescue, I adopted her from the shelter I work at. What is funny about her is that no matter what you are doing she will butt in and say hey look at me look at me. She is the worst attention hog ever. I was actually petting my cat, Tiger this evening and she butts in and goes roo roo roo. You can't help but love her though. It's just not "cute" in the morning my mom gets up with her and my bathroom is by my room and when she goes in there she jumps on my bed full force and tries to wake me up.

Now if I have to work I don't ignore her, but when I am not working I ignore her and then if I go out on the couch she attacks me with kisses. She's a dork but I love her.

The cats -

Miagi was a rescue. He is a tabby cat about 7 now. What is funny with him he can kick a dog's ass if they mess with him since he grew up with Buster. Every morning he will climb up a wood pole in our house and stay up there like Tarzan.

Tiger was a rescue. He is a bengal/tabby cross. What is funny with him is that he can stare holes through you but if you stare at him he meows loudly especially if you stand over him ha! He's also a heater hog as well.

Angel she is almost a year. She's a russian blue mix and she loves to drink out of the bath tub but she gets her whole body wet it's not funny when she goes on your bed and is soaking wet.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:56 AM   #24
poRmawayncmop

All dogs I have lived with, family dogs except Diesel

Ceaser- black lab
Ugly (the name stuck, she had the name before we got her)- APBT
Patty- cocker spaniel
Alex- black lab
Ben- austrailian shepered mix
Bugsy Malone- Irish setter
Daisy- boxer
Mac- APBT
BaBa- APBT/staffy mix
Star- APBT
Reeno- staffy
Diesel- APBT mix

Old 09-05-2010, 05:56 AM   #25
JorgiOLusinio

I forgot Colby..

Colby - border collie cross. He was teased badly before we got him and he bit our landlord and had to be put down because he was getting aggressive with us as well. He wasn't a bad dog, just misunderstood but we couldn't afford to find another house at the time so he was PTS but it was the best thing for him and our family.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:59 AM   #26
poRmawayncmop

oh and I had a duck named Capt. Sailor Bob (ducky for short) who thought he was a dog... does that count?

Old 09-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #27
JorgiOLusinio

oh and I had a duck named Capt. Sailor Bob (ducky for short) who thought he was a dog... does that count?
Sure. If he is anything like the duck on the movie "Babe" he counts.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:24 AM   #28
Drugsonl

IDK....a lot!

Baby - pomeranian RIP
Dakota - chow/lab mix RIP
savannah - GSD/lab mix RIP
Nala - Akita RIP
Smokey - mutt
Lexus - Rottie RIP
Rodolph - chow/malinois mix RIP
Katana - Akita RIP
Poison - Boxer (now named Moe)
Rex - APBT (still own)
Moo Moo - APBT RIP
Rock - APBT RIP
Finley - APBT (still own)
Cheyenna - APBT (still own)
Spike - APBT (still own)
Ayiana -APBT RIP
Tinker Bell - APBT RIP
Ivy - APBT RIP
Bear - APBT (still own)
Lakota - APBT (still own)
Hazel - APBT
Beth - Norwich Terrier RIP
Bessie - Terrier mix
Spyna - English Mastiff (still own)

That list begins when I was about 14. So about 20 yrs of dogs. Had some bad luck with mocassins and rattlers around here from time to time, and two that were put down by the vet.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #29
Teareerah

I rescued a Black Lab out in the Utah desert. She was around 8 months. Shes now 3yrs and a great hunting dog.

Then we got Maizey, a JRT/Brittany spaniel mix. She's around 9 months.
Then We Saved a papered male boxer(Rhino) who we fostered and found Him a great forever home with a female boxer.
Next came Abbie. A female APBT. She was born jan/18/2010. Shes great!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #30
wmtravelservice

When I was little I remeber we owned about ....10 dogs. We were really irresponsible dog owners. Some ran away some will come back..some will eat its puppies..some just ended up in ower neighbors house and jsut stayed there.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #31
15Praxanant

..some will eat its puppies..
Yikes!

Old 12-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #32
Shemker394

When I was 12 I got my very first dog. She was a 3mth old german shep. rott mix I named her Daisy. She is still living she is 8yrs old now living with my dad. When I got my own place I had a few dogs the first one was a male lab shep mix named Wallie second was a male shep pit lab mix named Hershey and then I got Jada my female pit/boxer mix and I still have her she will be 1yr in May and her an my 18mth old son get along so well he tries to ride her like a pony =)

Old 12-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #33
space-on-s

As an adult/Recently 3. Though I am currently down to two. My 15 year old lab/shepherd mix passed away 2 weeks ago today. I'm hoping with help from the behaviorist we can keep our small male Terrier mix (Yorkie/Bichon/Westie? who knows). I have a wonderful small/medium female Terrier mix.

Growing up between my mom and my dads house too many to count. At my dads we had 6 at one point. Mostly labs and lab mixes. We had an awesome SBT/JRT mix once. Sadly he is down to 3 dogs now, all between the ages of 11 and 16 and once they pass my stepmom says no more dogs. I think growing up i had 4 dogs at my moms, actually 5 but the first one had to be rehomed. then we had 2 poodles at one point and 2 JRTs. Don't really have any good stories at the moment.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #34
Indinehon

Not many compared to some of you

Max (M - GSD)
Bear (1st) (M - Black Lab)
JT (M - Terrier Mix)
Bear (2nd) (M - Black Lab)
Connor (M - Golden Retriever)
Cesar (M - GSD)
John Gotti (M - Pit Bull)
Magnus (M - Pit Bull)

Reply to Thread New Thread