LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
Ibrattnofich

Default SDR registry
hey what do you all think about the sdr registry???? Just give some general opinions. or ask questions if ya dont know

Old 03-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
Drysnyaty

SDR as in sporting dog registry? I personally don't use them but they seem to be a decent, honest registry. The most notably registry of course being the ADBA and AADR for gamedogs. I'm told SDR registers all bloodlines, be it amstaff or ambully.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
blogwado

I've heard good things about them, but don't have any personal experience with them. I know they have at least one or two shows in NC in a year.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
Desflahd

I do not really know anything about them...
since you posted a thumbnail with their logo it would seem you have an opinion about them, what is it? tell us what you know about them...

Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
Ibrattnofich

sdr registry was created by tom garner after adba insisted that he send a dna sample of frisco blood since they had three on file... garner never sent one dna sample in. They prefer only game bred and will accept blue dogs gamey from what i have been told. We now have two sdr clubs in missouri Me and my fience run one her in se missouri and some one runs one by KC missouri. In their shows theres many classes but one reason that sporting dog people should look in to it they even have a treadmill activity in their show. And so far they seem pretty tedious about registrations being legit. I suppose thats bc of the issues garner had with the adba. And yes sdr is the sporting dog registry. They check peds a lot better then adba so far. But we also have had a lot of problems with the adba....wont get into that and open that can of worms unless the question is asked. personally i like the fact that sdr only registers APBT since adba eccepts other breeds now. If i missed anything feel free to ask.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Oh and each club is required to put on at least two shows a year so there is four shows in NC and only two this year in missouri since we started the clubs after the beginning of the year but next year there will also be four shows in missour!!!

Old 03-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #6
Drysnyaty

[quote=DoomsDayPits;601397]sdr registry was created by tom garner after adba insisted that he send a dna sample of frisco blood since they had three on file... garner never sent one dna sample in. They prefer only game bred and will accept blue dogs gamey from what i have been told. We now have two sdr clubs in missouri Me and my fience run one her in se missouri and some one runs one by KC missouri. In their shows theres many classes but one reason that sporting dog people should look in to it they even have a treadmill activity in their show. And so far they seem pretty tedious about registrations being legit. I suppose thats bc of the issues garner had with the adba. And yes sdr is the sporting dog registry. They check peds a lot better then adba so far. But we also have had a lot of problems with the adba....wont get into that and open that can of worms unless the question is asked. personally i like the fact that sdr only registers APBT since adba eccepts other breeds now. If i missed anything feel free to ask.

Sounds like a pretty legit registry for gamedogs, but there's also a lot of controversy surrounding Tom Garner and Frisco, though I won't bad mouth the man as its just stories from old timers. I'm not too entirely sure on the SDR registry accepting just gamedogs since I'm told some amstaffs and camelot dogs are also registered with the SDR.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:45 AM   #7
wentscat

I would doubt them dogs to be registered with the SDR...

some interesting threads on game-dog about the whole ADBA/TG/DNA issue and about his registery (SDR)

http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showt...dba#post392677

http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showt...+garner+vs+dna

Old 03-04-2010, 02:18 AM   #8
Ibrattnofich

Some one i know personally knows tom garner, he refuses for one bc adba does have an issue when you send or ask to send a legit dna test they refuse to compare the dogs that were suppose to be offspring of that dog. Not too mention with hanging papers that ppl seem to do too much, what if he sent a correct sample in of frisco and what if the adba claimed that cant be right..... it has happened to us one of our dogs has never been bred to a blue bitch closest thing was to our dog jada yet he has sired 3/4 blue litters.....When we requested the issue to be taken care of they just said the signatures didnt match up that means some one was signing our name to our dogs paperwork to register litters that he has now clue to what they really are. I personally dont trust adba. so far the only complaint i have for sdr is it takes forever to get the paperwork back but that can be any registry. I super rushed a litter registration once through the adba and it took almost two months but i didnt get the extra money i paid for the super rush back.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #9
Drysnyaty

I would doubt them dogs to be registered with the SDR...

some interesting threads on game-dog about the whole ADBA/TG/DNA issue and about his registery (SDR)

http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showt...dba#post392677

http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showt...+garner+vs+dna
I would think SDR would not register any akc amstaffs or dual registered adba/ukc camelot dogs either, but that's just what I'm told. Personally, I've lost a lot of respect to the ADBA since they started accepting bullies and also the Dagger bloodline, Whopper bloodline, etc. Whopper bloodline is no doubt a great weightpull line, but whopper is definitely not pure apbt, though the ADBA still accepts litter registrations from this blood. As for the letter, I'm inclined to believe Tom, even though there are stories going around but then again, its all hearsay.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:45 AM   #10
Ibrattnofich

i have to say i also believe tom before we heard the whole story of tom and frisco we started having huge issues with the adba. He flat out said that he never had frisco dna profiled yet theres three samples with adba.... after our issue with them then knowing toms story, i dont trust them personally thats why i am working on getting all my dogs transfered, its weird though we run the club and we only have 1 adult being transfered and the three pups we kept off of this last breeding. I wont have many showing chances this show.. I wish i could say who we are working on getting for one of our judges but it depends on his health... But it wont be fat bill thats for sure lol

Old 04-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #11
Drysnyaty

One thing most old timers are quick to point out is that Frisco shouldn't be considered the #1 producing rom. A lot of old timers still consider Jeep the top dog because Tom has bred Frisco out the ass. With that many breedings, it would be hard not to have sire great dogs. Not to mention there are many other frisco dogs that aren't registered. This is according to a few of the older timers I've spoken to that considers him a business man. Whatever he is though, I respect the man since he did have some great dogs on his yard. I don't know the man and was not around during the old days so I won't comment and choose to stay neutral. I do however, respect both Tom and the old timers I've personally talked to for sharing their info with me.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #12
Ibrattnofich

isnt it always amazing what ya can hear and learn from true dogmen that are still alive? Im just hoping that more people will look into them really. For one it is cheaper to register through them lol. So far the dealings we have had with them dont seem as tedious as it with the adba. and since it is cheaper its seems they are not as money hungry. But that could also be bc of the prices of the cni products lol

Old 04-04-2010, 01:41 AM   #13
PersonalLoansBank

I've heard nothing but good things about them... and they have some good old legit dogmen as some of the judges.... I am planning on attending the NC show in May if at all possible.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:31 AM   #14
Ibrattnofich

thats cool, if you have any questions you can ask Billie Jo from the show dept they have a myspace page

Old 04-04-2010, 04:22 AM   #15
Aagotiq

it would be easy to hang a ped with sdr,really easy,of course its easy to hang a ped with any registry

Old 05-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #16
Ibrattnofich

thats one of the reasons we quit using adba... some one got a pup off of koz moe and used his registration number to register a shit load of blue pups, then when they were confronted the adba refused to request dna samples from the supposed pups to get their papers pulled. talk about a bunch of bullshit!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #17
Drysnyaty

thats one of the reasons we quit using adba... some one got a pup off of koz moe and used his registration number to register a shit load of blue pups, then when they were confronted the adba refused to request dna samples from the supposed pups to get their papers pulled. talk about a bunch of bullshit!
Actually, it doesn't even need to be that complex. You can hang papers easier. Look at wannabe a whopper. That dog is a known mix, but it has adba papers as well as a 2xw in his 5th gen. However, the dog is supposedly crossed with an ambulldog, bourdeaux, or bullmastiff.

Oh yeah, what's worst is some people have even said the dog has zero apbt blood. It is actually an ambull x bourdeax dog.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #18
Ibrattnofich

i have some dogs off of fury down from frisco and chinaman blood they are quite interesting little things lol. That is what happen to our koz moe dog he is our catch dog, hes a tad bit over weight right now though bc we havent had the time to take him hunting with the kids and business starting up thing. I feel bad for him, but we bought a carpet mill to work the dogs out and hung hides in their chain spots...if there wasnt a bsl law here they would be in my back yard again lol instead im hiding some in my house lol

Reply to Thread New Thread