LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Arximedus

Default Vick story on Dr Phil
Dr Phil is in Philly today, and they are discussing the Michael Vick story for anyone that wants to watch it. I'm interested in what Dr Phil's take on this is.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Updating the dogs at Best Friends in Utah now.... aww... I just want to go hug all of them!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Uttephabeta

This is totally unrelated, but I love your new avatar of Bella. Adorable!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
Arximedus

She's a goober... but thanks! She was being a doofus that day!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
JaK_MarkoV_Pi

sorry for asking a silly question.......but just how big a sports star is this michael vick ?

im in uk and until the dog fighting stuff id never heard of him but then american football is of no interest over here....

it makes me wonder is vick as big over there as david beckham is over here for instance ?

Old 09-16-2009, 10:39 PM   #5
Oriesssedleli419

sorry for asking a silly question.......but just how big a sports star is this michael vick ?

im in uk and until the dog fighting stuff id never heard of him but then american football is of no interest over here....

it makes me wonder is vick as big over there as david beckham is over here for instance ?
http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthre...t=Michael+Vick

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthre...t=Michael+Vick

Old 09-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
Arximedus

Oh, I could not possibly care any LESS about Michael Vick..... I was just interested in it because of the dogs, and they were going to do an update from Best Friends in Utah... that was my only reason for even mentioning it. Michael Vick will never eat a hot dog off my dollars... but the dogs that were saved were the reason I paid attention to the story.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
reachmanxx

I would say David Beckham is better known and loved here than most American football players, including Vick.

But When Vick was at his peak (before this all happened) I would say he was in the top 12 or so well-known NFL players (not o all time but among those that were currently in the league).

Anyway, I am interested in the topic but can't stand Dr. Phil ... hmmmm. Tough decision.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #8
Arximedus

I was only interested in seeing the dogs and how they are now. Dr Phil really didn't offer much as to whether he likes the breed or not.. but he didn't bash the breed at all that I heard. THat was really my interest, the dogs, and his take on the dogs... as far as whether he was pro or con the bully breeds.... I don't think he voiced either way.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
Matajic

I would say David Beckham is better known and loved here than most American football players, including Vick.

But When Vick was at his peak (before this all happened) I would say he was in the top 12 or so well-known NFL players (not o all time but among those that were currently in the league).

Anyway, I am interested in the topic but can't stand Dr. Phil ... hmmmm. Tough decision.
buddysmom id say your off a little on that one. he was one of highest paid, his jersey was the #1 seller, and if he wasnt the most well known, he was in the top couple for sure. he was as big of name like Favre, Manning, and Brady. he wasnt as talented of a "pure" QB, he was more a HB/QB type. As for Beckham over our athletes, you are truly showing your lack of sports knowledge.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #10
JaK_MarkoV_Pi

buddysmom id say your off a little on that one. he was one of highest paid, his jersey was the #1 seller, and if he wasnt the most well known, he was in the top couple for sure. he was as big of name like Favre, Manning, and Brady. he wasnt as talented of a "pure" QB, he was more a HB/QB type. As for Beckham over our athletes, you are truly showing your lack of sports knowledge.
i must quickly add......i did ask the question of how famous vick is in america.....compared to how famous beckham is in england ( not how famous beckham is in america ).......

what im trying to establish is if beckham was found guilty in england of what vick was found guilty of in america......whether our reaction to a big star would be as intense as yours seems to be in america for a big star....

but i guess it depends just how big that star is....hence my question.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #11
Bobobsdo

As for Beckham over our athletes, you are truly showing your lack of sports knowledge. woody, you have to keep in mind that North American Football is pretty much only followed, well, here in North America. Football/futbol/soccer is the #1 sport worldwide and the US is pretty much one of the very few countries who really don't care too much about it, mostly because we do have our own version of football.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #12
wheettebott

I prefer soccer.hahah. i think beckham was more of a celeb here but michael vick was a higher known athelete..if that makes since.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #13
Matajic

my point was buddysmom said Beckham is a bigger celebrity HERE than our football players, and she is WAY wrong! i realize soccer is the worlds most popular sport, im a sport fanatic, so that isnt what i was disputing. and btw, the NFL has had a few games in other countries the past couple years, and they packed the stadiums.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:17 AM   #14
Qncvqpgfg

Dr. Phil is biased and just wants ratings. I watched it and turned the channel as soon as Dr. Phil asked an audience member his toughts and as soon as the guy started making comparisons of Michael Vick & Dante Stallworth he quickly moved the mic away. The man paid his dues (lost millions in endorsements, 20 mil debt., 2 years in prison) and now people want to crucify him because the NFL gave him his job back. Dante Stallworth CHOSE to drink and got behind a vehicle and killed a HUMAN BEING. They gave him 23 days in prison and is sitting out the season.

You be the judge

Old 09-17-2009, 04:23 AM   #15
Matajic

thats a little food for thought^^^^good post

Old 09-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #16
duminyricky

but can't stand Dr. Phil ... hmmmm. Tough decision.
That was similar to my first thought, only you said it much nicer than my mind did

Old 09-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #17
EtellaObtaite

I never heard of Vick till this whole case came about to be honest.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #18
feseEscaple

spot on tiger jackson.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #19
Oriesssedleli419

Dr. Phil is biased and just wants ratings. I watched it and turned the channel as soon as Dr. Phil asked an audience member his toughts and as soon as the guy started making comparisons of Michael Vick & Dante Stallworth he quickly moved the mic away. The man paid his dues (lost millions in endorsements, 20 mil debt., 2 years in prison) and now people want to crucify him because the NFL gave him his job back. Dante Stallworth CHOSE to drink and got behind a vehicle and killed a HUMAN BEING. They gave him 23 days in prison and is sitting out the season.

You be the judge
I saw the repeat last night and I noticed the same thing. He grabbed the mic away quickly.

Old 09-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #20
EtellaObtaite

Well, duh, if you hurt a human, we will ignore it. If you hurt a dog, then you are the Devil. lol.

Reply to Thread New Thread