DiscussWorldIssues - Socio-Economic Religion and Political Uncensored Debate

DiscussWorldIssues - Socio-Economic Religion and Political Uncensored Debate (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pets Forum (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   If there was a breed more game than the APBT... (http://www.discussworldissues.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219609)

seicslybearee 09-19-2008 08:47 AM

If there was a breed more game than the APBT...

If there were a breed that would decimate any APBT it was put up against in the pit, would you switch breeds?

Lance Armstrong's records will be shattered one day, as will Michael Phelp's.

It stands to reason that had dogfighting not been made illegal, there would have eventually been a new and better breed. If that happened, would you switch?

Triiooman 09-19-2008 09:05 AM

Depends.

Is it a small dog? I don't want some huge, mastiffy looking type thing lol

seicslybearee 09-19-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Depends.

Is it a small dog? I don't want some huge, mastiffy looking type thing lol
Lol! It's a hypothetical dog, it can look however you want it to! http://www.pitbull-chat.com/images/smilies/wink.png

Triiooman 09-19-2008 09:13 AM

Awesome! lmao

I really, really want a small (like 20lb.) awesome, perfect bull and terrier.. so if someone handed me one of those, then mebbe http://www.pitbull-chat.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png

kenowinnumberss 09-19-2008 09:23 AM

I have a few questions about this if you dont mind me askin. Do you really think that a breed would have just emmerged from somewhere that could actually beat the most dominating canine force in the box? I mean this is what they do, its what they were bred for for over 200 years. I dont believe there is any animal much less dog that could beat a real game bred APBT in the box within its own weight class even if you gave up 20 lbs i still dont think there is another dog that could come close to a APBT that is here now or dog to come. There are dogs that are more powerful, faster, smarter than a APBT, but there is nothing that can compare in the gameness. That is the one trait that holds are dogs apart from the rest.
Lets say there was a breed that took the box by storm however outlandish that sounds. No I still would not change breeds I love this breed and am totally dedicated to it. If i was in it for the biggest, baddest most devastating breed i would not have picked this one in the first place. I do believe that anyone that owns this breed and says they would change to a different breed so reevaluate the owning of these magnificent canine athletes.

Triiooman 09-19-2008 09:26 AM

Maybe I should add to my answer that since I am not involved in gamedogs, being top pit dog isn't a concern to me. I would, ideally, like a miniature version of APBTs.

kenowinnumberss 09-19-2008 09:33 AM

lets keep this thread goin yall it could be alot of fun

seicslybearee 09-19-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

I have a few questions about this if you dont mind me askin.

I love questions! http://www.pitbull-chat.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Do you really think that a breed would have just emmerged from somewhere that could actually beat the most dominating canine force in the box?

I think it's possible. Probable, not so much, but certainly possible.

I mean this is what they do, its what they were bred for for over 200 years. I dont believe there is any animal much less dog that could beat a real game bred APBT in the box within its own weight class even if you gave up 20 lbs i still dont think there is another dog that could come close to a APBT that is here now or dog to come. There are dogs that are more powerful, faster, smarter than a APBT, but there is nothing that can compare in the gameness. That is the one trait that holds are dogs apart from the rest.
Lets say there was a breed that took the box by storm however outlandish that sounds.
No I still would not change breeds I love this breed and am totally dedicated to it.

I've seen it said on here by some that the only APBT worth anything is a gamebred APBT. That got me thinking...if that trait is so important, maybe some people would switch, since gameness seems to be the trait held higher than all others. Personally, gameness is a neither here nor there for me. Certainly, I have a great admiration for it, but, imo an APBT is still an APBT, game or not.

If i was in it for the biggest, baddest most devastating breed i would not have picked this one in the first place.

Which breed do you think would fit that description?

I do believe that anyone that owns this breed and says they would change to a different breed so reevaluate the owning of these magnificent canine athletes.

Totally agree with this http://www.pitbull-chat.com/images/smilies/smile.png
My replies in blue

kenowinnumberss 09-19-2008 11:12 AM

well honestly if i was out looking for just a powerful brute of a dog and that was all i wanted i would seriously consider a tosa inu from a working kennel. Thanks for the replys

santorio 09-19-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

If there were a breed that would decimate any APBT it was put up against in the pit, would you switch breeds?

Lance Armstrong's records will be shattered one day, as will Michael Phelp's.

It stands to reason that had dogfighting not been made illegal, there would have eventually been a new and better breed. If that happened, would you switch?
Your question is flawed. The are several breeds of dog right now that could "decimate" an APBT in the pit right now. Being able to "decimate" has not thing to do with gameness.

Gameness is the willingness to continue even in the event of your own demise. In other words, never quit, never say die. Continue your task until your last breath. Gameness, strength, agility and personality is what keeps me coming back for more. An APBT is willing to please/worth for/help its master to the bitter end if the task at hand calls for it. Without gameness you will not get performance. Without gameness all you have is a Staff.

The only other breed I would even consider owning a the moment would be a Patterdale Terrier. They are game as the day is long and they have a great personality.

If there was another breed that could "decimate" an APBT in the pit, would you switch breeds Rai?

Ferk out

Mjxhnapi 09-19-2008 01:37 PM

i don't think that i can trait aspen for any other breed this my first pit and she has proof me wrong i always thought that pit were agressive from the moment they were born she has proof me wrong the only thing i would change would for her to be able to keep a ball with out taking the air out http://www.pitbull-chat.com/images/smilies/biggrin.png

AmericaAirline 111 09-19-2008 03:32 PM

The lion is considered the "King" of the animal kingdom...

I aways thought the game bred APBT was considered the "King" of the dog breed...

After reading these posts, I guess I was wrong...http://www.pitbull-chat.com/images/smilies/confused.png

Salliter 09-19-2008 04:18 PM

I personally did not choose the APBT for its "gameness" so no, but out of curiosity... what the hell would you mix with it to make it more "game"...
on a side note if there was a more people friendly, short-haired dog with such varied color combinations and irresistable eyes, and athletic build, and less game even... bring it on... but I do not see that happening.

bUqLfXRI 09-19-2008 04:25 PM

The are several breeds of dog right now that could "decimate" an APBT in the pit right now. Being able to "decimate" has not thing to do with gameness.

Gameness is the willingness to continue even in the event of your own demise. In other words, never quit, never say die. Continue your task until your last breath. Gameness, strength, agility and personality is what keeps me coming back for more. An APBT is willing to please/worth for/help its master to the bitter end if the task at hand calls for it. I agree. There are bigger dogs. There are faster dogs. There are more agile dogs. And size will almost always be in the larger dogs favor.

But for me it's the whole package. And that is NOT found in other breeds out there (to me).

It's not about winning or losing. That's just secondary in terms of pit fighting. It's about heart.

To answer your question, "No" I would not switch to another breed.

Since I don't fight my dogs, let's use Mia & that situation as an example. Mia was attacked by a dog over twice her weight and almost twice her size. That dog hit her at full speed and it knocked her off her feet. She was on her back fighting.....fighting for her life and fighting for my life. I can't say that she would've ever gained the upper hand had it not been for the Lab turning and biting me (that's when she jumped up and grabbed it in the chest/foreleg area). She might have, she might not. But I DO know that that dog woudl've never stopped. She never did. She died, IMO, proving that she was the epitome of what this breed was supposed to be. She wasn't perfect conformation wise, and she didn't have a hard bite, but she had heart. In 12 years of owning this breed, I've never had one like her (before or after). And I highly doubt I ever will.

But that's what keeps me going. Knowing that although not overly common, there ARE APBTs out there like her. And if I stay with the breed long enough, it will be my turn again to own another. I've owned many, many before her and I've owned many since her birth. But there was something about her from day one and I was right. She was a one in million. But I won't give up on owning another.

neirty 09-19-2008 04:38 PM

Faster?...I don't think there are any faster to the bite

Smarter?...I don't think an APBT is going to be "outsmarted" doing what it was bred to do

Agile?...with the muscular build of an ABPT, I have seen none that move so quickly and with such strong moves

Sure there are dogs that can "outrun" an ABPT
Sure there are some that are very adept at learning new "tricks"
Sure there are dogs that can move,twist,jump with great fever but not built like an APBT

Personality...different dogs...different kind of personalities...I like the Bulldog style personalities.

I have Diesel in my office right now...I am typing on my computer at my desk...Diesel is standing on his hind legs with his front paws on the back of my chair...his head is over my left shoulder and he watching me type. That is the personality I am fond of...

JeorgeNoxeref 09-19-2008 04:50 PM

I don't think I would switch breeds as it is not SOLELY gameness that I like out of this breed. But gameness is what I admire the most about the breed. As I said in a previous post... gameness does not really mean wins in the box... I can name plenty of dogs that lost in the box and were proven game in that loss, to me its easier for the losing dog to prove his game than the winning dog anyway.... but thats slightly off topic... No I wouldn't switch

errolurberozy 09-19-2008 04:53 PM

no

Salliter 09-19-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Since I don't fight my dogs, let's use Mia & that situation as an example. Mia was attacked by a dog over twice her weight and almost twice her size. That dog hit her at full speed and it knocked her off her feet. She was on her back fighting.....fighting for her life and fighting for my life. I can't say that she would've ever gained the upper hand had it not been for the Lab turning and biting me (that's when she jumped up and grabbed it in the chest/foreleg area). She might have, she might not. But I DO know that that dog woudl've never stopped. She never did. She died, IMO, proving that she was the epitome of what this breed was supposed to be. She wasn't perfect conformation wise, and she didn't have a hard bite, but she had heart. In 12 years of owning this breed, I've never had one like her (before or after). And I highly doubt I ever will.

But that's what keeps me going. Knowing that although not overly common, there ARE APBTs out there like her. And if I stay with the breed long enough, it will be my turn again to own another. I've owned many, many before her and I've owned many since her birth. But there was something about her from day one and I was right. She was a one in million. But I won't give up on owning another.
wow Mia was an awesome dog, this story brought tears to my eyes as it is the first I have heard it....

JeorgeNoxeref 09-19-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Lance Armstrong's records will be shattered one day
Sorta off topic but I don't like the comparison between a natural born athlete like the gamebred APBT and someone who dopes himself up to compete...I understand what you were saying but just wanted to add that I don't think his records are legit.

SinncmxM 09-19-2008 05:21 PM

I have only loved and respected apbt or pit since i was 16 and know i am 29 with two wonder dogs that i would never trade or upgrade to something better improved. To me theres no better looking breed,agility,and full of heart like the apbt or pit. Dont get me wrong every dog will show their heart to their owners when giving the chance.