View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
ggandibazz

Thank you for sharing PrettyHateMachine~ so sorry you lost your beloved pet. I also have experienced my small child opening the door, and our dog dodging through. Your heart sinks to your stomache. We were fortunate nothing happened. Soon after, we installed an entry gate on our porch, to lower the risk of our dog running from the house.
I hope one day you can forgive yourself.
yeah it is scary. My other two dogs, and even Bloo are pretty well trained and will not run out the door if it is open...but Trixie well, she was only 8 months old(about the age of Bloo now) and we had only had her for about 4 months. She was passed between a few homes before we got her, so I was having a little bit harder of a time training her and getting her to be a better listener.

We are trying to work something out with our landlord to either get the porch enclosed or get the fence from the back yard to at least enclose some of the front yard so that if the front door is opened and if one of the dogs run out they won't be able to get to the road...but we don't own this house so it's easier said then done. What really ticked me off is that these buses drive like that all the time around here and the bus company straight up lied to me. Told me the bus driver reported it to the cops...well if she did why didn't they come to see me? they also said that the drivers take safety courses...I know someone who's husband works for them and he says they do not! They had the additude like a parent who knows they have an out of control child but "what are you gunna do?" Said if we see it again call the cops. We caught her speeding by our house the following monday(it happend on a friday) and my boyfriend pulled her over and told her off. Then a couple of days later she comes speeding by again, we call the cops, they say they will come set up a speed trap, which they never did. I know where she lives but I guess she got tired of us bitching about her and me giving her nasty looks every time she rides by, and I hope she feels at least a little bit guilty because she takes a different road now so she doesn't have to completely pass my house. She lied to me too. When the couple from down the street heard me and came to check it out they said they knew her, and went to get her...she said she didn't know that she hit her....even if she didn't see her, how can you not feel running over an almost 60lb dog with every tire of your bus?