View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
freevideoandoicsI

Nothing is more frustrating than these people who are supposed to be the ones to call, and then they don't do anything. It's like a vet's office with no one on call after hours! Shows where their true motivation lies - in getting paid, not actually helping any animal

I really hope the outcome is good for this girl, and that she doesn't end up suffering even more

I, too, become a reckless idiot when loose dogs are concerned! I've been known to stop my truck dead in the middle of the lane on a blind corner, or dart into traffic lol
There was one time in Oregon, an entire family was trying to catch a Boxer they said they saw jump from the back of a truck. The dog was running around this touristy little shopping plaza, and they were following it and calling for it. The dog just kept looking back at them, and running away... playfully! So I sat down in the middle of the plaza. When the dog ran by, I made kissy noises at him... and I ended up with a rather large, exuberant, incredibly friendly Boxer in my lap! The people admitted to not being "dog people" but they really didn't want to see him get hit, so they were doing their best to help. When I asked more about the dog jumping out of a truck, did they get the license plate, etc. they said, "Oh, it's parked right over here!" and led me to a truck with a dog bed, bowls of food and water, and a leash tied in the back! The boxer had chewed through the leash. I used one of my chain tie downs for the bed of my truck to secure the dog back in his truck, and left a note on their windshield explaining what happened. Though in retrospect, I kicked myself for not just taking the dog home... he was cute! lol