LOGO
General Discussion Undecided where to post - do it here.

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
shanice

Default Abortion Doctor Gunned Down at Church
I approve. Hopefully this will teach people that going to church isn't healthy.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:15 PM   #2
Vobomei

serves him right

Old 05-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
Evelinessa

Pro-life

Old 06-01-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
AK47rulz

As far as I'm aware these are often the actions of lone wingbats, not organized "terrorist organizations."

And I thought late-term abortions were outlawed in the first place?

Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 AM   #5
apatteopipt

I beleive that in the US they are not outlawed, unlike most countries.

JM

Old 06-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #6
Inettypofonee

You're a hate mongering idiot, Oerdin. A constant barrage of generalities, is what you generally offer.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:15 AM   #7
Sipewrio

A constant barrage of generalities, is what you generally offer.
Oh, sloww... You poor dumb bastard.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
tropicana

Enter the Goddess of Irony:

I guarantee --I gar-awn-TEE -- that this will be treated by a terrorist act by the Feds, even if they don't acknowledge it as such. Pro-Life and Christian extremists, both individuals and groups, will be place under surveillance, phones will be tapped, electronic communication will be monitored -- all courtesy of the of the robustly-more-intrusive national security apparatus built by George W. Bush, the one president wholeheartedly embraced by fundies.

Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong. Just saying I really love me my irony.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:08 AM   #9
Uvgsgssu

Pro-Life and Christian extremists, both individuals and groups, will be place under surveillance, phones will be tapped, electronic communication will be monitored -- all courtesy of the of the robustly-more-intrusive national security apparatus built by George W. Bush, the one president wholeheartedly embraced by fundies.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:46 AM   #10
DYjLN8rF

Enter the Goddess of Irony:

I guarantee --I gar-awn-TEE -- that this will be treated by a terrorist act by the Feds, even if they don't acknowledge it as such. Pro-Life and Christian extremists, both individuals and groups, will be place under surveillance, phones will be tapped, electronic communication will be monitored -- all courtesy of the of the robustly-more-intrusive national security apparatus built by George W. Bush, the one president wholeheartedly embraced by fundies.

Not saying it's right, not saying it's wrong. Just saying I really love me my irony.
Wouldn't it be equally ironic that Mr. ****-don't-stink would be the one perpetuating that apparatus? Oh wait, it wouldn't anyway, since he voted for the FISA Amendments Act to begin with.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:54 AM   #11
Lillie_Steins

How exactly are these Christian hate groups not terrorists? I would really like to know.
Terrorists have dark skin, wear towels on their heads, and speak some weird jibber jabber.

Good question though. I'm glad I was able to help you out with it.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:05 AM   #12
soitlyobserty

So nice to see that pro-lifers really do value human life except for those they disagree with.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:31 AM   #13
chodeasyday

And I didn't say that I was being serious.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #14
rushiddink

Everyone:

WRT late-term abortions, here's something that often weighs on my mind: A lot of people say they're pro-life and whatnot, which is admirable. But does that sentiment remain firmly in place when it comes to one's wallet?

From what I understand, most (but not all) of late-term abortions are done because it's determined that the fetus cannot survive outside the womb or, if it can, would lead a life that would be far, far from enjoyable. IOW, it would cost society a lot of money in order not only to keep that child medically sound, but to also keep its parents out of the poorhouse.

Let's say late-term abortion is outlawed across the board. Babies with birth defects are born by the thousands, many into households that cannot afford them or, worse, simply don't love them enough to give a damn to spend the time and money it would take to properly raise a child with "special needs."

Would we, as a society, be willing to step forward and pay whatever it takes to ensure that those children could lead as full of lives as medically possible? Would we be willing to pay more in taxes, fees and whatnot in order to keep the mothers and fathers of those children out of the aforementioned poorhouse?

I ask because I suspect the answers would expose the true pro-life people from those who are simply pro-life on the surface.

As for me, well, I don't like abortion. But, darn it, I don't like nanny-state government, either. If folks don't want to deal with an unintended pregnancy, either use protection, adopt the child out or wait until one's in a solid relationship before engaging in a sexual relationship.

One thing's for sure: Abortion is far from being a black-and-white topic. It's painfully sensitive, IMO.

Gatekeeper

Old 06-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #15
Petrushkaukrop

Oh, stick it. It's from giving you brats everything you ever whined about.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #16
brorwargy

And I thought late-term abortions were outlawed in the first place? No, they aren't if the woman states that her health is in danger from the abortion. It's a common loophole that has been used by Tiller for his clinic.

Tiller is widely known up here to take women at any stage of pregnancy from Canada, and perform the abortion there, paid for by the provincial governments.

He'd take clients from anywhere provided that in the end he was paid.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #17
KirillAristov

No, they aren't if the woman states that her health is in danger from the abortion. It's a common loophole that has been used by Tiller for his clinic.
Loopholes intendet to save life need to be abolished!

Pro-life

Old 06-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #18
Opperioav

Tiller's fate is in God's hands now. Let us all reflect on the consequences of the statement that God himself is just, whereas man is not.
Thanks to the pope, I can pray him out of hell along with Hitler and Darwin.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #19
hopertveyk

In 1993, the National Abortion Federation told its members: "Don't apologize. There are many reasons why women have late abortions … lack of money or health insurance, social or psychological crisis, lack of knowledge of human reproduction. A Washington Post investigative report described those who elect to have partial-birth abortions in the following way: "The 'typical' patients tend to be young, low-income women, often poorly educated or naive, whose reasons for waiting so long to end their pregnancies are rarely medical." Ron Fitzsimmons, executive director of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers (a pro-abortion lobbying organization), had this to say to The New York Times on February 27, 1997:

In the vast majority of cases, the procedure is performed on a healthy mother with a healthy fetus that is 20 weeks or more along. The abortion-rights folks know it, the anti-abortion folks know it, and so, probably, does everyone else. You are wrong, Da Shi, and the abortionists admit it themselves, that the procedure is usually performed on healthy mothers with healthy babies for reasons of convenience.

How much time have you spent in jail for tax evasion. None, I've always paid my taxes.

Why haven't you? What makes you believe I haven't?

How much have you donated? How much have you? It's between me and the families.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #20
WaydayNef

Yes, it is black and white. I'm a survivor. The choice is either life or death for the child. There are no shades of gray, no nuances, no 'indeterminate state'. Life or death.
That is your opinion. And by what right do you presume to stuff it down other peoples throats?

Please refer to the nearest seclusion monastery, preferably with a vow of silence in your case, and have yourself admitted for life.

Reply to Thread New Thread