LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
Mello

Default On Muslim Population in Europe
The blogger here made this post in 2007 and the last update was in 2010. See the link above for the sources.
I was recently asked which cities in Europe have the highest Muslim percentage. The following is what I found in my research.

I linked to my sources, but note that not all sources have the same reliability level. STAT - official municipal or national statistics, EUMAP - EU Research program, WIKI - Wikipedia, NEWS - mentioned in the news.

If my readers have more information, I will be glad to integrate it into this list.

Note that in some of these cities, there are neighborhoods which have a much higher percentage of Muslims (for example: Kreuzberg in Berlin, Molenbeek in Brussels and Tower Hamlets in London) and neighborhoods with a much lower percentage.

Austria

Vienna - 8% (120,000) (NEWS)

Belgium

Antwerp- 6.7% (>30,000 of >450,000) (EUMAP)
Brussels (region) - 17%-20% (160,000-220,000) [some say 33% (City of Brussels?)] (NEWS, NEWS)

Denmark

Aarhus - ~10% (NEWS)
Copenhagen - 12.6% (63,000 of 500,000) ( EUMAP)

France

Ile de France - 10%-15% (up to 1.7 milliion) (NEWS)
Marseilles - 25% (200,000 of 800,000) (NEWS), PACA region - 20% (0.7-1.0 million of 1.5 million) (EUMAP)
Paris - 7.38% (155,000 of 2.1 million) (EUMAP)
Strasbourg - 10% (NEWS)

Germany

Berlin - 5.9% (~200,000 of 3.40 million) (EUMAP)
Cologne - 12% (120,000 of 1 million) (WIKI)
Hamburg - 6.4% (~110,000 of 1.73 million) (EUMAP)

The Netherlands

Amsterdam - 24% (180,000 of 750,000) (STAT), Greater Amsterdam - 12.7% (STAT)
The Hague - 14.2% ( 67,896 of 475,580) (STAT), Greater Hague - 11% (STAT)
Rotterdam - 13% (80,000 of 600,000) (EUMAP), Greater Rotterdam - 9.9% (STAT)
Utrecht - 13.2% (38,300 of 289,000) (STAT), Greater Utrecht - 7% (STAT)
Zaan district - 8.8% (STAT)

Russia

Moscow - 16%-20% (2 million of 10-12 million) (NEWS)

Sweden

Malmö - ~25% (NEWS) [percent of immigrants, foreign born or both parents foreign born: 36% (STAT)]
Stockholm - 20% (>155,000 of 771,038) (EUMAP) [percent of immigrants: 36% (STAT)]

United Kingdom

Birmingham - 14.3% (139,771) (WIKI)
Bradford - 16% (75,000) (NEWS)
Leicester - 11% (>30,000 of 280,000) (EUMAP)
Greater London - 8.5%-17% (1.3 million of 7.5 million) (NEWS, WIKI)
Luton - 14.6% (26,963) (WIKI)

Thanks to Nieuw Religieus Peil for helping collect the data.

Updated: September 7, 2010

Old 03-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
Mello

Twenty five percent of the children in Flanders, Belgium are of foreign origin.

Let us believe them.

Let us also accept that it means that future adult population of Flanders will be twenty five percent foreigners.

Just like the fact that future adult population in the suburb of Antwerp and some other European cities will be of foreign national origin in about forty percent.

And many of these people of foreign origin will be Muslims.

Now that we have the facts in front of us let us analyze them. Does it mean that Muslims have planed and mounted a demographic take over of Europe.

No.

For one, the data is about few European countries.

It is about few cities.

It is about suburbs, mostly.

And there is no organized attempt to demographic flooding.

We have not heard of any - except wild accusations.

And there is no intention of the same - as one can see around. Of course there might be some loud mouths. They should shut up. They are neither helping Islam nor Muslims.

Any Muslim in his right mind would not like that the Belgian race should disappear from their country. Or the French. Or the British. Islam is there for everybody and it is not a tenet of Islam to displace any race. This is something that must be duly emphasized. Islam is on offer for each and every European but anybody dreaming of any racial take over, from either side, is grossly in error.

This leaves us with one uncovered point. The declining demography of European people. Of course there is undue alarmism. As far as the real problem is concerned then it is up to the Europeans themselves to take up reproduction in their society as it should be. Is that not the normal thing to do? And if you find that difficult to do then why not imitate the thriving societies? See we are not usurping Islam from back door. No hanky panky in Islam. It is their in the open - take it or leave. There is no compulsion in Islam.

May a thousand Europes bloom Islamically. And no hanky panky here again. Choice is yours and we do have our way of praying. And we do want your good from inside. Please do not think that just because we have a tint to our skin we are incapable of loving you. Or God will not disclose the truth in its final phase to us.

Peace.

Source : AAA

Old 03-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
vekiuytyh

Muslims still have (relatively) a lot more kids alhamdulillah, and that's a contributing factor; that's also why the majority of the Muslim population in Europe are very young.

Many non-Muslims die without having children, or they have two or three kids. Many serious Christians are extremely old, and will soon die. Their children are athiests.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
tigoCeree

ASA,

Was wondering how do muslims feel in general about the mixing of races (in the sense where the offspring are for example half european and half indian?) Any combination of mixed race really.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Mello

ASA,

Was wondering how do muslims feel in general about the mixing of races (in the sense where the offspring are for example half european and half indian?) Any combination of mixed race really.
From the character of Islam, its egalitarian set up, it is clear that there is no racism in Islam. If father is African, mother Caucasian and the children somewhere in between then it is perfectly normal Muslim family.

When beloved Prophet said at the time of last pilgrimage that there is no preference of Arabs over non-Arabs then all racism was thrown out of window - if there was any doubt at all. And this latter possibility was not there because he was addressing the honourable Companions (RA) - I suppose above words were for the benefit of us miserable people.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
tigoCeree

From the character of Islam, its egalitarian set up, it is clear that there is no racism in Islam. If father is African, mother Caucasian and the children somewhere in between then it is perfectly normal Muslim family.

When beloved Prophet said at the time of last pilgrimage that there is no preference of Arabs over non-Arabs then all racism was thrown out of window - if there was any doubt at all. And this latter possibility was not there because he was addressing the honourable Companions (RA) - I suppose above words were for the benefit of us miserable people.
Jzk, bro (I'll take your post as words of encouragement) as I am aware of the above stance of Islaam (and this is how it should be.) It's just that I do not see these values in practice due to ignorance.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
Mello

Jzk, bro (I'll take your post as words of encouragement) as I am aware of the above stance of Islaam (and this is how it should be.) It's just that I do not see these values in practice due to ignorance.
You are welcome akhi. I had a feeling that I was missing some thing. Thanks for the reminder. You see we are missing out on Islam on so many things. May Allah(SWT) make us steadfast on the path of our beloved Prophet(PBUH).
Wassalam

Old 03-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
wizardasa

At the same time, I would rather there be distinct ethnicities than all of humanity blending into one bland, brown, homogeneous mass. Redheads are dying out already.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
tigoCeree

At the same time, I would rather there be distinct ethnicities than all of humanity blending into one bland, brown, homogeneous mass. Redheads are dying out already.
ASA,

A bit of a moral dilemma then as Islaam promotes the fact that all races are equal (thus they should theoretically be ok to intermarry and have mixed offspring.) Yet Allaah (SWT) created us different races with distinct features. See why I find this contradictory?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
wizardasa

ASA,

A bit of a moral dilemma then as Islaam promotes the fact that all races are equal (thus they should theoretically be ok to intermarry and have mixed offspring.) Yet Allaah (SWT) created us different races with distinct features. See why I find this contradictory?
I don't really see a contradiction. Theres a difference between being equal and being the same. And while some people do choose to marry outside their ethnicity, most prefer spouses of the same ethnicity, so I don't think any "races" will die out due to intermixing really, but a combination of intermixing and low birth rates among certain populations.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
tigoCeree

I don't really see a contradiction. Theres a difference between being equal and being the same. And while some people do choose to marry outside their ethnicity, most prefer spouses of the same ethnicity, so I don't think any "races" will die out due to intermixing really, but a combination of intermixing and low birth rates among certain populations.
Jzk. You have helped clear this up for me.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
Mello

Italy

Old 05-09-2012, 02:43 AM   #13
JonatonM

A bit of a moral dilemma then as Islaam promotes the fact that all races are equal (thus they should theoretically be ok to intermarry and have mixed offspring.) Except that all races aren't equal. Some are taller, shorter, fairer, darker, more beautiful, uglier. Likewise some are more intelligent, with greater capacity for mathematics and philosophy, and some lack this capacity.

Islam only says that as far as Allah is concerned, he only judges by piety, dutifulness towards him. Not that everyone is 'equal' in this naive liberal way of thinking.

I also seem to recall there being a fiqhi ruling that arabs are not supposed to marry non-arabs on ground of suitability. Maybe some one else can expand on this.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #14
Nundduedola

Lol, what happens when there is an unfortunate mix?
Is the mix a level lower than the purebred? OH NO!

And which races do you think are ugly and beautiful? Stupid and intelligent?

I believe certain individuals might lack the capacity because of other issues than race... Culture and environment play a huge role..........

Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 AM   #15
JonatonM

Lol, what happens when there is an unfortunate mix?
Is the mix a level lower than the purebred? OH NO!
Actually yes, it's called "outbreeding depression". A white has an average IQ of 100, whereas an African's is around 70-80. So the half-cast individual has an IQ in the middle, around 85. Plenty of statistics to back this up. You can see this in african-americans who are around 15-30% european genetically. They have an average IQ around 10-15 points higher than full africans.

And which races do you think are ugly and beautiful? Stupid and intelligent? Aboriginals are the ugliest, and their average IQ is 60.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:07 AM   #16
wizardasa

Except that all races aren't equal. Some are taller, shorter, fairer, darker, more beautiful, uglier. Likewise some are more intelligent, with greater capacity for mathematics and philosophy, and some lack this capacity.
Do you have any scientific evidence for this? First of all, beauty is subjective, although certain groups of people are known for having certain physical features. As far as other attributes like height and intelligence goes...those are just as much defined by environmental factors as genetics. The Chinese have historically been stereotyped as short, but the ones who live in the West and consume dairy and meat more regularly than their Asian cousins regularly grow to be as tall as the average human or taller. Same with intelligence. Those who have access to better food, a stable and safe environment to live in, and disposable income and leisure time, will of course have more opportunities for intellectual pursuits. The modern-day Europeans who were descended from illiterate barbarians went on to make the greatest scientific achievements in the history of mankind. Had they been doomed to barbarity on the basis of their race, that never would have happened.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #17
JonatonM

Those who have access to better food, a stable and safe environment to live in, and disposable income and leisure time, will of course have more opportunities for intellectual pursuits.
Black americans have been in america for hundreds of years, yet their IQ is still around 80, and have made little to no contributions to science or anything, even now when american universities have affirmative action programs.

First of all, beauty is subjective Afraid not. It's objective.

The modern-day Europeans who were descended from illiterate barbarians went on to make the greatest scientific achievements in the history of mankind. Had they been doomed to barbarity on the basis of their race, that never would have happened. Yes, but once they encountered greek philosophy they took it up and made progress in that area. The same can't be said for all races.
The Chinese have historically been stereotyped as short, but the ones who live in the West and consume dairy and meat more regularly than their Asian cousins regularly grow to be as tall as the average human or taller. Same with intelligence. Chinese IQ is basically equivalent to europeans anyway. On average they are still shorter. Ever see a 2 metre tall chinese person? Nope.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #18
Nundduedola

Actually yes, it's called "outbreeding depression". A white has an average IQ of 100, whereas an African's is around 70-80. So the half-cast individual has an IQ in the middle, around 85. Plenty of statistics to back this up. You can see this in african-americans who are around 15-30% european genetically. They have an average IQ around 10-15 points higher than full africans.
Does this really hold true if you take an African and give him all the opportunities that your average white man would? And if the opposite were to happen, and you took a white and put him in an African environment, or gave him the opportunities that were available to an African American? Would you expect his IQ to still be 100? For some reason I don't think this will remain true..

Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #19
Nundduedola

From personal experience I've seen white people grow up in majority African American environment, "ghetto", and I don't see a difference.

Please backup that these whites would be naturally predisposed to be more intelligent despite their environment.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #20
Thunderzee

Aboriginals are the ugliest, and their average IQ is 60.
Uber Mensch, do tell us the background of these superior IQ tests.

Referring to individual IQ is bad enough, assigning IQ averages to groups of people based on race, ethnicity, culture is even worse! That said, I'm struggling with myself not to assign you into the category of racist or 'other' It is hard to do, I can see how some of us are struggling intellectually with it and making statements that are cruel, unjust and unethical.

Reply to Thread New Thread