LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
Immusaatmonna

Default Ali Campbell Quits UB40
UB40 star felt compelled to quit
UB40 lead singer Ali Campbell has said he is leaving after almost 30 years because management difficulties had become "intolerable". Campbell, who sang on hits such as Rat In My Kitchen, and Red, Red Wine, said the decision was not due to him wanting to pursue a solo career.
He claimed the disagreements had been going on for nearly five years and was "deeply unhappy" with many decisions.
A UB40 spokesman disputed his comments over the situation with management.
'Very best'
In a statement, Campbell said: "I have been deeply unhappy with administrative practices and with many decisions that have been made in recent years.
"I have an ongoing investigation into the handling of my business affairs in relation to UB40.
"Suffice to say, I felt I had no other option but to resign from my band."
He said he released his first solo album 13 years ago and when his current album was brought out, he had every intention of continuing to balance his own career with working with the band.
Campbell said: "I am, perhaps, most upset on behalf of the fans, who have stuck with us, through thick and thin, throughout the years and are the best fans in the world.
"I know UB40 will carry on successfully without me and I wish them all the very best.
"They have been my family for the last 28 years and will always be my brothers."
A spokesman for the band said: "Ali's statement is incorrect with respect to the situation of management, which he brings up.
"The statement that was issued yesterday (Thursday) was agreed and sanctioned by all seven band members, including his brother Robin Campbell."
The Birmingham reggae band, which has eight members including Ali Campbell, has its last gigs together next month in Australia, New Zealand and Uganda.

Story from BBC NEWS:

Old 01-27-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
twinaircant

Are they even making records still? Er or were they lol

Reply to Thread New Thread