LOGO
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2010, 04:04 AM   #1
RogerButton33

Default Gameness
In my own Opinion I feel that Apbt's are not the same of yesterdays Apbts, yesterdays Apbts was bull baiting and pit-fighting for "Sport". Its one thing for you pit to do the weight pull, and another to face certain death very often like the pits of yesterday way back when. How can you really tell if your pit still have that gameness of yesterdays pits, you really cant unless you abusing your animal in dog fighting which I'm sure most of us do not participate in. Me personally I really don't know If my Pup is Apbt or Bully but she is a show stopper and loves peoples at only 2 month. I guess it would be cool if my dog had gameness, I suppose I could use it as pride or bragging right but the trait is something I personally would not use really, dose my dog need to have " Gameness" to play fetch or tackle the spring pole, don't think so. "There is no way you can tell by looking at a pit bull whether it is deeply game or not. The only test--and for many years the main criterion for selecting a dog for breeding purposes--is actually fighting the dog to see how it stands up to other dogs that have likewise already proven their gameness in the pit" so in that quote is purely a no go for most of use. I'm sure some of use might think we have the most games pit out their because of papers, pedigree and bloodline and what not. Courage, Can do Attitude in the face of certainly death despite, mortal wounds, injured limbs etc etc most of use will never know. IF you want to know how game your dog is you put him in the pit against a very proven game pit end of story. And that is something I can live with out, I love my pup very much for what she is, will I test her endurance sure will, will I test her can do attitude sure but I would never put her in the situation of proving her gameness in the Pit, which these dogs was breed to Prove themselves in.

I for one have witness brutal pit fights in the mid to late 80s and early 90's when I was young living in South Central Los Angeles, I don't condone it it cruel but yes i have seen first hand what this breed can do in the "pit" against other dogs. I'm 30 now but its just something that I group up around and stumbled across one day. The first time I was about 7yrs old in my friends backyard and notice across the ally some commotion going on it was pits fighting in the back yard, I remember this black pit would not break loose from the other dog, the guy took a 2x4 of the dogs head until the board broke dog still did not let go. My second experience was when I was about 12 dude next door had to pits Apache and Luther father and son pits he would fight them at least every week, I would not dare say any to them people they was straight drug dealers and grown @ss men. Great Article to Read http://www.nyx.net/~mbur/apbtfaqfaq.html

That is my Baby Girl @bottom at 8 Weeks and 1 day 90% potty train and Luvs Tug of War