View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Peterli

Allergies are strange. Could be a seasonal thing, could be a permanent environmental allergy, could be a permanent food allergy, could be some random thing she rolled in or a new chemical she was exposed to..

If it's just something she was recently exposed to the benedryl will help and it will go away. You may never know what caused it, but some thoughts are bedding, carpet fibers, something chemical like maybe freshly washed laundry or freshly cleaned carpets, maybe a new rug or bed she has been on.

If she happened to have food or environmental allergies that are ongoing the best thing you could do is take her in for a blood allergy test to see what her allergens are. But I don't think you are there yet. For this I say watch and see how she does. If she keeps breaking out, starts worrying at her paws, develops ear infections, starts losing fur and breaks out in hives, then I would start calling local vets and see who can do the blood work.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Oh, and yes.. fish oil tabs and vitamin e are good for dogs skin and coats. They can be pricey at the vet, though. I get mine from Wal-Mart. Any pharmacy or health food store should sell bottles of fish oil tabs and vitamin e tabs. Just put it on her food.