View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
autoloanexpert

I think shelter temperament testing is kind of BS anyway. Dogs in shelters are usually stressed and some react better to a situation than they would when not stressed. Some act worse. Once a dog has a home, foster or permanent, and had time to settle in its possible a whole range of behavior issues will pop up. All dogs are a gamble and at best the typical shelter eval just weeds out the real nutty ones. So, yeah, I would give this dog a chance and see how he behaves after a few months in a home setting.

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

And the next person who says bait dog should be smacked. I know plenty of APBT that have worn and broken their teeth to nubs chewing crazy things like rocks or their chains if they were on chain spots. I know a few who have scars from attacking trees, trying to get under decks and fences to kill vermin and who have puncture wounds and scars from rough play or an accidental fight because of an escape or an owner who wasn't expecting DA. Considering the dog was brought to AC he could have easily been a stray from a neglectful or abusive home and in the condition he was in from trying to survive on the streets. DA being common in the breed, he could have gotten into a scuffle with another stray or someones pet. I know for a fact 3 of my dogs were not abused because I have owned them since they were babies and if a 6'3" man brandished a stick at them they would cower