View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
sbrpkkl

"The origin of the Chinese Shar-Pei can be traced to the province of Guangdong and has existed for centuries in the southern provinces of China. These dogs helped their peasant masters with various tasks, such as herding cattle and guarding the home and family, and have proven themselves to be qualified hunters of wild game—usually wild pigs—and, of course, they were used for generations as fighting dogs by the Chinese nobility, although the practice became rarer after the communist revolution, when such activities were seen as the preserve of the decadent classes."

While I am not a big fan of the breed, I can see how its origins would lead a dog to not o much like strangers and be ready to kill a fox. How sad that when a dog does its job by killing a dangerous animal or vermin it is seen as "aggressive".

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Or a cat that brought home a bird...
Right! Wonder if this co-worker (who is too stupid to live and I am amazed she has the intelligence to hold a job) would euth a cat for doing what cats do.

I had a neighbor cat who was in love with me and would bring me his kills and leave them on the porch. Sometimes he would even sit there next to his kill and meow until I came out and praised him,lol. I miss that cat.