View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:48 AM   #8
intendepods

Is she your first bully breed?
No, This is my third that iv personally owned but my uncle always had them.

Seeing as this breed usually matures into dog aggression I wouldn't add another until she is 2 or older and I would go for an adult male. Still no guarentee they will get along forever or not fight but helps your chances. This breed really doesn't need doggy friends though as they were created to fight other dogs and you won't be able to leave them unsupervised ever. If you get another dog it should be for you, we added a year old male to our 3 year old female and while they tolerate each other they don't really play or seek out the other.
This site has made my views on this breed swat quite a bit. I was always was the one saying "A Pit is only as bad as its owner" but everybody is saying that it is genetics and you cant fight that arguement.

Maybe iv just had GREAT luck with our previous dogs. All of them have been mixed with other dogs since they where young and havent had any serious spats with other dogs.

Iv been around them for 23 years and 9 pits that i can remember and non of them have been DA with Proper socialization.

On the other hand I can think of 4 Pitbulls that are mean as hell. But again not proper socializing.

I will probaly wait until shes 2 like you guys suggested.