View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #5
Adollobdeb

The dog may protect you if he thinks you are in danger.... but it's not a guarantee that he will. Like PitGirl17 said, they are more likely to lick someone to death. But I think that is if they know the person is welcomed into your home.

A couple of years ago, when I lived in the city, I had the cable guy out to hook up the cable. Our front door was the clear glass door. It was open, Mollie was inside. When she saw him (and he did look a little scruffy, beard, unkept looking), anyway, when she saw him, the hair on her back stood up and she started barking and raising cain. The guy reached for the door and she went nuts barking. There was no way he was going to even try to come inside with her in there. I had to put her outside.

On the other hand though, my son has brought a pack of teen age boys home, Mollie has never seen any of them, and she liked to have knocked them all over with her butt wiggles and kissing them like crazy. So I guess since she knew they were ok to come in, she loved them all, but the cable guy, she apparently didn't like the looks of him.