View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
dabibibff

I don't care about racism, I'm rarely a victim of it and my folk are in the majority still. I can see how it would be an issue for minorities though.

I would love to know what anti-racists think people who feel racist should do? Just shut up and not exercise their right to speak freely? Just not participate in democracy and become self-loathing because they have protective instincts?

Racism is fundamentally protective in most cases.
The right to free speech isn't the right to verbally abuse others. You can say i don't think a certain ethnic group should be in this country because xxxx.. But when you are a teenager at school, and someone calls you "a blacky" or something and follows with making monkey noises, that is not free speech.

I have witnessed this happening to people and find it really harmful for the individual being discriminated against, it makes him feel singled out and lonely, why then would he wish to integrate into normal society and not rebel?

I haven't ever had racism come my way, usually because no one can tell "what the heck I am" However, if it had come my way, I may not be as confident as I am now.

---------- Post added 2011-07-06 at 17:33 ----------

I think 99% of security measures on airports and other stuff of this type is a mixture of idiotism and big business. Idiots create false fear and business people sell false remedy for this false fear. I cant believe it happens. For instance you can walk down the street in US with a gun in your hand legally but you cannot bring a can of coke on the board- its just idiotism and its not about US its everywhere else. because some idiot "parked" his car in Glasgow airport now people put 1 metre thick iron poles around all buildings to prevent "a car loaded with expolsive materials".
If someone want to blow something up, he will find his way anyway and this remedies only may be inspiration to attack.
Agreed.

How about what happened in Russia recently !

In fact, the dumbest thing is, usually you can just "stroll in" to an airport and security only gets tight once you get past check in. So If somebody really wanted to create some corpses they would so before they got on the plane right?