LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #21
jeockammece

Truk, all legitimate breeds have been refined through hundreds if not thousands of generations.

If you think there is nothing wrong with mixed breeds/mutts that's cool ... I personally love mutts ... but I have a REAL problem with people breeding them ON PURPOSE and especially then trying to pass them off as something other than a mutt.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:48 PM   #22
illiderob

Thats what I'm sayin, the only problem I see with this is he's releasing them too early without the proper time and research.....hence, the bigger problem!
That's my main problem as well.

Also, he doesn't seem to have a goal in mind for the breed, besides how much money he can make.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #23
jeockammece

Not to mention that a mix is not a breed, it is a mutt.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #24
illiderob

I meant the breed he is trying to create/establish.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #25
jeockammece

CHJ, I get what you mean ... but I don't think he is trying to establish anything real. I think he is running a scam, for profit only and will dump the whole project eventually, leaving a lot of screwed up dogs behind in his wake before it is over.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #26
illiderob

Yeah, so far, that is what it seems.

He doesn't seem to have a goal in mind for why he wants to "develop" this breed. He doesn't even have a solid beginning stock and he is already selling. If he truly wants to develop a new breed, he isn't going the right way about it.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:43 PM   #27
NETvoyne

@Truk, I hear where you're coming from. You're right in that most breeds are mixtures of different dogs that have been refined over time.

My concern with this whole things is the potential temperment of the dogs produced. We all know ABPT's are prone to dog aggression. Presa's and Corso's can be both human and dog aggressive as well as extremely territorial and dominant. It just seems like a bomb waiting to go off.

Reply to Thread New Thread