LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #21
bensabath

Your boy is soooo cute.
Thank you!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:21 PM   #22
Paybeskf

He looks at me in the eye and it seems he knows what I'm thinking.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #23
megasprut

I think my favorite thing about this breed is how expressive they are. Indy is probably the most expressive, full of personality dog I've ever met.

She's sooo sensitive too, if she gets in trouble and we yell at her...you can tell how hurt her feelings are. She gets me every time with those big brown eyes.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #24
PristisoliTer

Are "zoomies", "pit fits"? I still don't have a handle on the pit-lingo
Yeah, I guess they are called "pit fits" as well... zoomies are when they go crazy, running around like mad, for no apparent reason, but have a ball doing it and make you crack up watching them!

I LOVE this thread.... Every time someone makes a new entry... it makes me laugh, or even brings tears to my eyes (MichelleD).... and makes me cherish my time with Mollie. How true it is that sometimes, you don't know what you have in your life, till it's gone. I learned that all to well with my first dog Sheaba. I always took for granted that she would be there, I never realized how much I would miss her when she wasn't. But it did teach me to cherish and love every minute with Mollie, and all my dogs, and to never take one for granted ever again.

Like I said earlier.... Mollie is just.... Mollie.... my Mollie.... my best friend, my confidant, my shoulder to lean on when human words cannot express what my heart feels. She is there when I'm happy (with zoomies in tow), and she's there for me when I'm sad, and patiently just sits with me. She gets under the covers at night and always licks my leg , I think it's her way of telling me that she loves me. She just is..... and that's all I need to know.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #25
Paybeskf

She gets me every time with those big brown eyes.
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:35 AM   #26
Jellowstrom

I love this breed because of the absolute devotion you never had to ask for, but was given freely and without hesitation. The want to be with you through anything, just to be near you. I have never had a dog that I felt more connected to. Is it the way he looks at me and pulls my hand toward him as if to say you havent pet me in a while..please? Or is it the way that he lets my daughter do anything and even does his tricks for her so eagerlly as if to say "do you like this, is this what you wanted, are you happy now"? Or is it the way that he will "frog leg" which makes me giggle everytime he does it. Maybe its the way that he will follow me and the family around the house just to be in the same room as we are and after he has "surveyed" the scene goes and lays down. He is our keeper our protector but most importantly Our best friend..the most amazing part is we never asked any of it from him, he came to us with an appreciation and undying unfaltering love that sometimes I feel like we dont understand or deserve.

Maybe its the way that when he looks at me with those beautiful amber eyes I know that he would go through hell and high water for just a pat on the head and a "good boy" if i asked or needed him to.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #27
Sipewrio

I love this breed because of the absolute devotion you never had to ask for, but was given freely and without hesitation. The want to be with you through anything, just to be near you. I have never had a dog that I felt more connected to. Is it the way he looks at me and pulls my hand toward him as if to say you havent pet me in a while..please? Or is it the way that he lets my daughter do anything and even does his tricks for her so eagerlly as if to say "do you like this, is this what you wanted, are you happy now"? Or is it the way that he will "frog leg" which makes me giggle everytime he does it. Maybe its the way that he will follow me and the family around the house just to be in the same room as we are and after he has "surveyed" the scene goes and lays down. He is our keeper our protector but most importantly Our best friend..the most amazing part is we never asked any of it from him, he came to us with an appreciation and undying unfaltering love that sometimes I feel like we dont understand or deserve.

Maybe its the way that when he looks at me with those beautiful amber eyes I know that he would go through hell and high water for just a pat on the head and a "good boy" if i asked or needed him to.
So well said.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #28
Figelac

I also have had Dobermans,Rotties and German Shepherds,I love all my dogs for different reasons,I love my pit bull but I wouldn't say I love him more than my other dogs,I guess it would be like saying you love one of your kids more than the rest.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #29
FailiaFelay

I love my pits little fits of zoomies, and his goofy little noises when he eats fast. (He starts to eat really fast then kind of gargles and growls) I love the way he jumps at my Dane to get her to play, and I love how he steals my underwear. I put my laundry in a basket and he has to steal my underwear. I love when he sticks his head in the shower while i'm in there to peak and see if I am still there. I love when he tries to sneak the outside bones inside without me knowing.. I basically just love how he cuddles with me. He's my buddy and my best friend.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
PristisoliTer

....with an undying, unfaltering love that we don't understand, and sometimes, don't deserve......

Oh my gosh... that says it all perfectly. This breed has an unconditional love like nothing I've ever experienced in my life. I can think about how much I love Mollie, and I instantly start tearing up. The love I have for that dog is indescribable.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #31
FailiaFelay

Oh I forgot how I love how Guinness Barks like a big boy and then runs and hides behind me

Old 06-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #32
PristisoliTer

^^ Man, I love this thread!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:31 PM   #33
FailiaFelay

i love this thread too.. I just had a guy knock on the door and Guinness barks like crazy and then hides behind me.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #34
Sipewrio

....with an undying, unfaltering love that we don't understand, and sometimes, don't deserve......

Oh my gosh... that says it all perfectly. This breed has an unconditional love like nothing I've ever experienced in my life. I can think about how much I love Mollie, and I instantly start tearing up. The love I have for that dog is indescribable.
Exactly. I tear up sometimes just looking at her. I feel so privileged to have her, and to know her. I am so thankful that my children have grown up with her, and get to experience that undying unfaltering love that she has. Her patience is insurmountable. Sometimes all Jersey wants to do is sit in front of the fireplace with Boston, but Tyler, our 9 year old, will want to go downstairs to the family room and play video games. Well he is too nervous to go down there by himself so guess who gets dragged down there with him. Jersey. She will sit faithfully by his side until he is ready to come upstairs. She is such a love.

Reply to Thread New Thread