LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 AM   #21
r7rGOhvd

Dude, your family looks middle eastern, not Indian, the people in the picture can pass for old school Assyrians no problem.

I think the haplogroups can tell you alot about ancestry actually. The concept of race is just a way to tell some specific physical features nothing else. What really matters is DNA ancestry. If you got a cultural connection to India in some way then you can call yourself indian or whatever. Do you speak hindi, bengali, tamil or any other indian language?
So by your definition, I'm an Indian

Old 12-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #22
reawnvam

Dude, your family looks middle eastern, not Indian, the people in the picture can pass for old school Assyrians no problem.

So by your definition, I'm an Indian
I think they look Northindian/Pakistani

Old 12-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #23
Vezazvqw

Regardless of skin color they are still Indian.

Are you saying Punjabis and Gujrats are not Indian? B/c they have light skin and may not genetically cluster more with mainland Indian groups?

My opinion is that mixed white-indian can be considered indian but not black-indian mixed. I think there can be white gypsies or white indians but not black indians or black gypsies. Im 9/16 gypsy and rest balkanic/white/slavic. What do you think of me am i a proper gypsy or racially indian? ????

Old 12-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #24
irrelaAnnekly

Regardless of skin color they are still Indian.

Are you saying Punjabis and Gujrats are not Indian? B/c they have light skin and may not genetically cluster more with mainland Indian groups?

????
Im against race-mixing between the Caucasian Aryan Indian (Descendants of Aryavartha) and Negroids,Australoids,Mongoloids,Americanoids. Im also against White People taking advantage of Indian Girls. I dont like to see Indian Girls with a Blonde or White Guy (or any Foreigner even if he is Pakistani or Iranian) but if they are married and have children and the white guy accepts indian culture im not against because both are Europid.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #25
Veveseinlep

Im against race-mixing between the Caucasian Aryan Indian (Descendants of Aryavartha) and Negroids,Australoids,Mongoloids,Americanoids. Im also against White People taking advantage of Indian Girls. I dont like to see Indian Girls with a Blonde or White Guy (or any Foreigner even if he is Pakistani or Iranian) but if they are married and have children and the white guy accepts indian culture im not against because both are Europid.
oh boo hoo, gypsy troll...

Im against prejudice Gujrat types like you!

desperate to be white...so sad...

Old 12-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #26
EvonsRorgon

oh boo hoo, gypsy troll...

Im against prejudice Gujrat types like you!

desperate to be white...so sad...
Im not against you. You look indian so i assume your ethiopian part was caucasoid.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #27
Slchtjgb

Indians are an amalgamation of various ethno-linguistic groups, religious sects and races. It has been one of the world' melting pots since ancient times, which is why there is so much cultural and racial diversity.

Indian is merely a nationality and not an ethnicity. India is merely the term given to this political entity, where those thousands of castes and tribes reside, and are subject to it's administration.

The fact that secessionist tendencies exist in almost every part of India to a certain extent, with active secessionist movements in the geographically extreme parts of India is a reflection of it's diversity and to an extent, the disunity that is plaguing it's people.

Thus, the people who fall under the geographic borders of India may be considered Indian.

The open and inquisitive mind would however, find it more accurate to recognize these inhabitants of the sub-continent by their specific ethnic groups and linguistic/cultural affinities, than by the broad term - Indian.

So yes, Indian includes everyone, from the brunette white skinned Kashmiris, the yellow-ruddy brown North-East Indians and the pitch/dead black skinned Andamanese.

Do I consider a European mixed Indian to be of Indian origin? Yes. Do I consider African and Caribbean mixed Indians to be of Indian origin? Yes.

In light of that, I would consider Gypsies and yourself of predominantly Indian ancestry and origin, but not Indian by nationality or culture.

The cultural affinities of Gypsies is much too distinct, mainly owing to isolation which in turn would lead to distinct (cultural) development, and may not be deemed either or European or Indian.

Do I consider you racially Indian? No, just as I consider no Indian as racially Indian,
since there is no such thing as a distinct Indian race.

Indians are as physically and genetically diverse, as they are culturally, linguistically or theologically.

Reply to Thread New Thread