LOGO
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
AnypecekceS

Default New pup...MAYBE...
Hi guys, its been a while since i posted here! 2 years ago i adopted my little girl (you can see the profile pic)...yah, she no longer looks like that. She's 80lb!!! My friend's dog just had puppies and we are thinking of taking one of them...after reading some of the threads here im thinking that it may be a boy (apparently it diminishes the chances of fights?). My girl although big shows no signs of aggression and has never even growled at another dog. I think it has something to do with me always being around her if at the park, ive read that sometimes dogs get into fights because they feel the need to defend themselves. Because of that im always there and if someone gets jumpy around her i pick her up and off we go. Shes usually too busy playing to notice the other dog's behavior...she never runs towards a dog and always lays down if approached by another dog. Like i said, shes big but wants no trouble and she knows i got her if anything happens. My question is...do you think its a good idea to get another dog? today i read that rotating is the best thing to do with other dogs. But thats not something i really want to do...im really hoping that both dogs can walk around while we're home (Crate them when not home, of course). Are there any members that have been capable to accomplish that? Is that a realistic expectation? I love dogs and it would be great to have another pup...however if it forces to keep her girl in the cage while im home...well i dont think that its worth it and rather not even bother with another dog.