LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-19-2009, 04:08 AM   #1
Sillaycheg

Default Could someone help translate this to English?
Salaam alaikum,

Could someone do me a big favor and translate this?

http://www.ortakhatim.com/ekd/sayfalar/323.htm

http://www.ortakhatim.com/ekd/324_325.htm

Just the munajat of Hadrat Ibrahim bin Adham (rah) (bottom of page 323 and top of page 324)

Jazakallah khair for any help.

(I put this thread in the Arabic Forum also, so if I am not supposed to do that, please delete the one the arabic forum, jazakallah khair.)

Old 12-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #2
Ferrotoral

I translated it to the best of my ability. I was not sure about what "confess with those who were from me" means - I may have tranlsated incorrectly! I hope you or others can correct mistakes if any. Please excuse the weak english!

Each line is half a line on the actual thing:

The prayer of Ibrahim Adham rahimahullah

O my Ilaah (God) You are the Possessor of Grace (Fadhl) and Blessings (Mann)
And I am the possessor of mistakes so pardon me
Because my opinion regarding You O my Lord is one of beauty
So my Ilaah, make this good opinion a reality
O my Ilaah, don’t punish me for I
indeed confess to those (sins) which came from me
The people think good of me but I am
the worst of creation if you do not pardon me
I have relinquished the created totally seeking your pleasure
and I have orphaned the dependents (his family) that I may see You
And even if You were to tear me, by my love, into pieces
My heart will not yearn for anything besides You
Pay no attention to the feeble one who has come to You
and has come hoping, hoping for Your Call
And even if, O Muhaymin, he has disobeyed You
he has not prostrated to a deity besides You
My Ilaah Your sinning slave has come to You
confessing (my) misdeeds, and he has supplicated unto You
Thus if You forgive, then this is worthy of You(r Grandeur)
But if you reject (my plea) then who will have mercy other than You?
O my Ilaah, I have repented from every disobedience
with sincerity, in hope of salvation
O Aider of the appealers, aid me
through Your Grace on the day they (the sinners) will be seized by the forelocks

Old 12-19-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
Sillaycheg

Salaam alaikum,

Masha'allah brother, very good! Very beautiful du'a. 'That line about confessing those who are with me', you right I don't quite understand it. Maybe he is talking about his sins? Your english is not, Allah reward you.

Do you think you could translate this? The munajat of Rabia al-Adawiyya (rah) at the bottom of page 437:

http://www.ortakhatim.com/ekd/436_437.htm

These are beautiful duas of the elders (very good to recite at tahajjud along with the masnoon adiya).

Old 12-19-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
Sillaycheg

Salaam 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I found this story about Hadrat Aqdas Mawlana Ibrahim bin Adham rahmatullah alaih. Very good nasihaat for those who wish to have their supplications accepted and I thought it went along with his munajaat nicely:

Ibrahim Bin Adham was asked as to why our dua’s do not get accepted even though Allah Ta`ala has said, “And ask of me; I shall grant you…” So Ibrahim Bin Adham answered: Your dua’s do not get answered because your hearts are dead. They said, ‘why are our hearts dead?’ He answered, because of 8 things….

1- You know the rights of Allah upon you but you do not fulfill them.

2- You read the Qur’an but you do not act on its commandments.

3- You claim that you love the Prophet (may peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) but you don’t follow his way.

4- You say we fear death, but you don’t prepare for it.

5- Allah says, “Indeed shaytan is your enemy, so take him as your enemy…” but you obey him in committing sins and disobeying Allah.

6- You claim that you fear the hell fire but you have thrown yourselves therein.

7- You claim that you love paradise but you don’t make an effort for it.

8- When you get up from your beds in the morning, you throw your deficiencies behind your backs and involve yourselves with other peoples’ faults.

Thus you have angered your Lord, so why would He answer your prayers?
(Taken from: Ihya Ulum al-Din; Kitab Sharh `Aja’ib al-Qalb)

Old 12-19-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
Sillaycheg

Salaam,

This is another incident from the life of Sultan ul-Awliya, Hadrat Aqdas Mawlana Ibrahim bin Adham rahmatullah alaih, taken from Hadrat Aqdas Mawlana Muhammad Zakariyya Kandhlawi's rahmatullah alaih beautiful book Mashaa-ikh i-Chist:

Someone wanted to know at what time people could come to Hadhrat Ibrahim to listen to his talks. He said, “I am engrossed in four activities. When I have completed them, you may come.

1 - In eternity when Allah Ta’ala took the Pledge from all, he divided mankind into two groups – one for Jannat and one for Jahannum. At all times I am occupied with this worry because I do not know to which group I belong.

2 - When the baby is formed in its mother’s womb, an Angel asks Allah Ta’ala: ‘Should I record him fortunate or unfortunate.’
My constant worry is: Have I been recorded fortunate or unfortunate.

3 - When the Angel takes possession of man’s rooh, he asks: ‘Should I assign this soul to the group of Muslim or Kaafir souls?’
I do not know what answer the Angel will receive regarding my rooh.
This is my constant fear.

4 - It will be commanded in Qiyaamat:
“Become separated (from the pious ones) today, O transgressors!”
I constantly worry in this regard because I do not know into which group I shall be assigned.”

(The full kitaab is on the Majlis website)

Old 12-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Sillaycheg

Salaam 'alaikum,

This is the story of Sultan ul-Awliya Hadrat Aqdas Mawlana Ibrahim bin Adham rahmatullah alaih's conversion story, of how he left the height of this world in order to seek after the Mahbub subhanahu wa ta'ala (this taken from a website called the Green Sufi, but its in the book Mashaaikh i-Chist and in Hadrat Mawlana Farid ud-Din Attar's rahmatullah alaih book Tadhkirat ul-Awliya):

Hazrat Ibrahim bin Adham’s conversion from the life of this world, came about in this manner. He was a prince of Balkh, [current Afghanistan, also the birthplace of Maulana Rumi] with a world under his command; forty mounted guards with gold swords went before and after him.

One night he was asleep upon his royal couch. At midnight the roof of the apartment shook, as if someone was walking on the roof.
“Who is there?” he shouted.
“A friend,” came the reply. “I have lost a camel, and am searching for it on this roof.”
“Fool, who looks for a camel on the roof?” cried Ibrahim.
“Heedless one,” answered the voice, “who seeks God in silken clothes, asleep on a golden couch?”

These words filled his heart with terror. A flame burned within him, and he could not sleep any more. When day came he sat on his throne, thoughtful and confused. His courtiers stood in their places; his slaves were drawn up in ranks. General audience was proclaimed.

Suddenly a old man with impressive demeanor entered the chamber, so awesome to look upon that none of the royal retinue or servants dared ask him his name; the tongues
of all clove to their throats. He advanced solemnly till he stood before the throne.

“What do you want?” demanded Ibrahim.
“I have just alighted at this caravanserai,” said the man.

“This is not a caravanserai. This is my palace. You are mad,” shouted Ibrahim.

“Who owned this palace before you?” asked the man.
“My father,” Ibrahim replied.
“And before him?”
“My grandfather.”
“And before him?”
“So-and-so.”
“And before him?”
“The father of So-and-so.”

“Where have they all departed?” asked the man.
“They have gone. They are dead,” Ibrahim replied.
“Then is this not a caravanserai which one man enters and another leaves?”
With these words the stranger vanished. He was Hazrat Khizr, upon whom be peace.

The flame burned more fiercely still in Ibrahim’s soul, and the anguish within
him increased every moment. Visions by day were followed by hearing voices by night, equally mysterious and incomprehensible.

“Saddle my horse,” Ibrahim said at last. “I will go to the hunt. I know not what this thing is, that has come upon me. Lord God, how will this affair end?”

His horse was saddled and he proceeded to the chase. Headlong he galloped across the desert; it was as if he knew not what he was doing. In that bewilderment he became separated from his troops. Suddenly, he heard a voice.

“Awake!”

Afraid, he pretended not to have heard it, and rode on. A second time the voice came, but he heeded it not. A third time he heard the same, and hurled himself farther away. Then the voice sounded a fourth time.

“Awake, before you are stricken awake!”

He now lost all self-control. At that instant a deer appeared, and Ibrahim turned & prepared to give chase. The deer spoke to him,
“Was it for this that you were created, or is this what you were commanded?”

“Ah, what is this that has come upon me?” Ibrahim cried. And he turned his face from the deer. He thereupon heard the same words issuing from his saddle. Terror and fear possessed him. The revelation became clearer yet, for Almighty God willed to complete the transaction. A third time the selfsame voice proceeded from the collar of his cloak. The revelation was thus consummated, and the heavens were opened unto him.

Sure faith was now established in him. He dismounted; all his garments, and the horse itself, were dripping with his tears. He made true and sincere repentance. Turning aside from the road, he saw a shepherd wearing rough-spun clothes and cap of wool [Suf, driving his sheep before him. Looking closely, Ibrahim saw that the man was a slave of his. Stopping him, he bestowed on him his gold-embroidered cloak and bejeweled cap, together with the sheep, and took from him his clothes and hat of felt. These he donned himself. All the angelic hosts
stood gazing on Ibrahim.

“What a kingdom has come to the son of Adham,” they cried. “He has cast away the filthy garments of the world, and has donned the glorious robes of poverty.”

Even so he proceeded on foot to wander over mountains and endless deserts, lamenting over his sins, absorbed in worship, until he came to Merv. There he saw a man who had fallen from the bridge and was about to perish, swept away by the river. Ibrahim shouted from afar.
“O God, preserve him!”
The man remained suspended in the air until helpers arrived and drew him up. They were astonished at Hazrat Ibrahim.
“What man is this?” they cried.

Ibrahim departed from that place, and marched on to Nishapur. There he searched for a desolate corner where he might busy himself with obedience to God. In the end he hit upon the famous cave where he dwelt for nine years, three years in each apartment. Who knows what occupied him there through the nights and days? For it needed a mighty man of uncommon substance to be able to be there alone by night.

Every Thursday he would climb above the cavern and collect a bundle of firewood. Next morning he would set out, for Nishapur and there sell the brushwood.
Having performed the Friday prayer, he would buy bread with the money he had gained, give half to a beggar and use half himself to break his daily fast. So he did every week.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:19 AM   #7
Qwjyrgij

Salaam,

This is another incident from the life of Sultan ul-Awliya, Hadrat Aqdas Mawlana Ibrahim bin Adham rahmatullah alaih, taken from Hadrat Aqdas Mawlana Muhammad Zakariyya Kandhlawi's rahmatullah alaih beautiful book Mashaa-ikh i-Chist:

Someone wanted to know at what time people could come to Hadhrat Ibrahim to listen to his talks. He said, “I am engrossed in four activities. When I have completed them, you may come.

1 - In eternity when Allah Ta’ala took the Pledge from all, he divided mankind into two groups – one for Jannat and one for Jahannum. At all times I am occupied with this worry because I do not know to which group I belong.

2 - When the baby is formed in its mother’s womb, an Angel asks Allah Ta’ala: ‘Should I record him fortunate or unfortunate.’
My constant worry is: Have I been recorded fortunate or unfortunate.

3 - When the Angel takes possession of man’s rooh, he asks: ‘Should I assign this soul to the group of Muslim or Kaafir souls?’
I do not know what answer the Angel will receive regarding my rooh.
This is my constant fear.

4 - It will be commanded in Qiyaamat:
“Become separated (from the pious ones) today, O transgressors!”
I constantly worry in this regard because I do not know into which group I shall be assigned.”

(The full kitaab is on the Majlis website)
Wa alaikumus salaam
This is also in fazail-e-sadaqaat...can't remember exactly where though i'll check!

Old 12-19-2009, 07:22 AM   #8
Sillaycheg

Salaam alaikum,

Yes it would be good to get that reference aswell. Hadrat Shaikh ul-Hadith rah was an amazing human being! You read Fadaail us-Sadaqat, and really its like you have a library of books with all the stories and anecdotes, along with hadith and tafsir. Just amazing.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #9
Qwjyrgij

Salaam alaikum,

Yes it would be good to get that reference aswell. Hadrat Shaikh ul-Hadith rah was an amazing human being! You read Fadaail us-Sadaqat, and really its like you have a library of books with all the stories and anecdotes, along with hadith and tafsir. Just amazing.
Wa alaikumus salaam
Very true!!! I have to get more of his(R) books!!
Reference: Fazail-e-sadaqaat part 2 chapter VI: Ahadith-The Excellence of Tawakkul
pg.547

Note: I have Fazail-e-sadaqaat in one book (part 1+2) so the page number probably isn't the same if you have the two separate versions.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #10
Sillaycheg

Salaam alaikum,

This is the importance and stress that Hadrat Aqdas Mawlana Ibrahim bin Adham rahmatullah alaih laid upon consuming only halal. Very revealing incident:

People were highly praising a young man. It was said that his spiritual state was extremely lofty. He was a man of wajd (experiencing states of spiritual ecstasy). Ibrahim Bin Adham asked to be taken to the young saint. When he was taken there, the young man asked Ibrahim to be his guest for three days. He observed the young man for three days and was impressed by his worship and rigorous acts of austerity. In fact, Ibrahim felt ashamed of himself, for he found that in comparison to the young man he was lacking. Ibrahim then thought: "Let me examine him more intensely. Perhaps a shaitaan has influenced him and is keeping him in a state of delusion." On closer examination, Ibrahim discovered that the young man's food was not halaal. He commented: "Allahu Akbar! This is the influence of shaitaan." He asked the young man to be his guest for three days.

Ibrahim brought the young man home and he joined in meals. Immediately, there was a transformation in the young man's condition. The former state of spiritual fervour, enthusiasm and vigour dissipated. Highly agitated, he said: "What have you done to me?" Ibrahim said: "Your food was not halaal. Shaitaan would enter into you along with the food. He freely came into your body and emerged. Now that halaal food has entered into your body, shaitaan has been unable to demonstrate his influence. Now your true state has been exposed. The basis of spiritual progress is halaal rizq."

Sultan ul-Awliya rahmatullah alaih also said,

"Do you wish to enter the assembly of the Awliya of Allah? Have no care for either this world or the next. Become absorbed in Allah. Consume halaal food even if you do not spend the night I prayer and the day in fasting."

"No one has attained sainthood by (only) Salaat, Saum, Hajj and Jihaad. But, he who knows what he is eating, attains sainthood." (As long as a man is not scrupulous regarding his food, he will never gain nearness to Allah Ta'ala by virtue of abundance of worship.)

Imagine if all muslims were very careful in what they ate and stayed away from haram and doubtful foods and only ate what is halal and tayyib. And at the same time, imagine how uneffective and weak our deeds have been rendered simply because we are not careful regarding what we put into our bodies.

(These qoutes are taken from the book Scattered Pearls, a complete copy of which can be found on the Majlis website.)

Old 12-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #11
Ferrotoral

Translated below. Rabi'a (RA) used to famously only seek Allah's pleasure and not seek entrance into jannah or salvation from jahannam. Out of her piety she held the view that one should only do works for Allah and not for entering jannah and being saved from jahannam which are both permissible by shari'ah.

Probably that's why she called those who seek the Akhirah of the "disobedient believers".

The early dawn (tahajjud time) prayer of Rabi’ah al-‘adawiyyah rahimahallah

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

Oh my Ilaah, the stars have disappeared and the eyes have slept. The doors of the kings have closed and Your door is open for the supplicants!

Oh my Ilaah and my Master, my portion is not from the Dunya which You have given to the unbelievers, nor is my portion from the end life (Akhirah) which You have given to the disobedient believers. Because I want nothing from the Dunya except Your remembrance, nor do I want anything from the end life except Your Vision (to see You)

Oh my Ilaah, I am not in a difficulty, nor will I complain of any difficulty. My desired object from You, O my Desire, is free of Mann and Salwa (food from Allah given to Bani Israil see al baqarah 2:57) for if You were to give me the Dunya and if You were to give me the Akhirah, I will not be satisfied with the two abodes except with the Vision of al-Mawlaa

Old 12-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #12
arrendabomnem

Oh my Ilaah, I am not in a difficulty, nor will I complain of any difficulty. My desired object from You, O my Desire, is free of Mann and Salwa (food from Allah given to Bani Israil see al baqarah 2:57) for if You were to give me the Dunya and if You were to give me the Akhirah, I will not be satisfied with the two abodes except with the Vision of al-Mawlaa

Subhanallah! I just made dua that my daughter become like this

Old 12-20-2009, 02:58 AM   #13
Sillaycheg

Salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

May Allah make all of us like this. Brother Rahmaniyyah, masha'allah, you are a very good translator. I have another one too if you dont mind, or if someone else wants to do it to.

http://www.ortakhatim.com/ekd/396_397.htm

The munajat of Uwais Qarni rahmatullah alaih. I dont think that it is as difficult as the other two, I cankind get most of it, but I'd like to see the brother's rendering.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:22 AM   #14
Sillaycheg

This is taken from wikipedia, from I think Tadhkirat ul-Awliya:

HER BIRTH

On the night Hadhrat Rabiah (rahmatullah alayha) was born, the house was in complete darkness. Her father was unable to buy even oil for the lamp on account of his poverty. There was no garments to wrap the new born baby. She was the fourth daughter hence was named Rabiah (i.e. the fourth). Her mother asked her father (Rabiah's father) to go to a neighbour for some oil. Rabiah's father had vowed never to ask anything from anyone. However, to satisfy his wife, he went to the neighbour's house, knocked on the door and came away before anyone opened it. On his return, he told his wife that the door was not opened. Grief-stricken he fell asleep. In a dream he saw Rasulullah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) telling him: "Do not grieve, this girl born to you is exceptionally fortunate and holy. By her intercession 70,000 people of my Ummah will be forgiven. Go to the governor of Basrah and convey to him this message written on a page:

"Every night you recite 100 Durood on me and on Friday night 400 times. Last Friday night you forget to recite the Durood. As a compensation for this omission give this person 400 dinars."

Rabiah's father woke up crying. He wrote out the message and went to meet the governor. He handed the letter to a guard. When the governor read the letter he was moved by the fact that Rasulullah ( صلى الله عليه وسلم) had remembered him. He ordered 10,000 dirhams to be given to the poor as a token of gratitude. He went out to meet Rabiah's father. After presenting him with the 400 dinars, he said: "In future whatever your needs are, come to me without any hesitation."

HER TRAGIC EARLY LIFE

After she came of age, her parents died. There was a great famine in Basrah. The sisters were separated. A cruel man abducted her. He enslaved her and finally sold her cheaply. All day long she worked for her master and spend the night in ibaadat. One night her master woke up and heard her supplicating. When he went to investigate he saw a lamp miraculously hanging in mid-air above her lighting up the entire room. She was saying: "O Allah! You know that my heart's desire is to serve You, and the light of my eyes is in Your service. Since You have subjected me to be in the service of people, I am late for Your service."

Rabiah's master resolved to set her free. In the morning, he emancipated her and said: "You are free to go. If you choose to stay here, you are welcome. However, then I shall serve you." Taking permission she departed to spend her time in the ibaadat of Allah Ta'ala.

Once while she was in the service of her master she was sent on an errand. Along the way a man accosted her. In fright she fled, slipped and broke her hand. Praying to Allah Ta'ala she cried: "O Allah! I am forlorn, without mother and father. Now my hand too is broken. But I do not care for these calamities if You are pleased with me. Are You pleased or displeased with me?"

A voice called to her: "On the Day of Qiyaamah even the Muqarrab (very close) Angels will envy your rank."

SOME ANECDOTES

- Once Rabiah kept seven fasts and spent the entire night in Ibaadat. On the seventh day someone presented her a bowl of milk. When she went to fetch the lamp, a cat came and drank the milk. She decided to break fast with water. When she brought a cup of water, the lamp was extinguished. As she lifted the cup, it slipped and broke. She drew a sigh and said: "O Allah! What are You doing to me?" A Voice said: "O Rabiah! If you desire the bounties of the world, We shall bestow it to you, but then We shall remove Our love from your heart. Our love and worldly bounties cannot coexist in one heart." Henceforth, Rabiah severed all her worldly hopes and her attitude was like that of a person in his death throes. Each morning she supplicated: "O Allah! Keep me engrossed in You and do not allow the people of the world to divert me."

- When asked for the cause of her constant crying, Rabiah said: "I fear separation from Allah Ta'ala. I fear that at the time of maut I may be rebuffed and it be announced: "You do not deserve to be in Our Presence."

- Rabiah said: "As long as Allah Ta'ala does not grant the taufeeq, a person will not be able to repent for sins. (Thus, sincere repentance indicates acceptance of the taubah.)

- "As long as man's heart is not alert, his other limbs cannot find the path of Allah. An alert heart is a heart lost in divine absorption. Such a heart is not in need of the aid of other limbs. This stage is called Fana (annihilation)."

- Maalik Bin Dinaar went to visit Rabiah. He found in her home only a partly broken jug which she used for wudhu and drinking water; a very old straw-mat on which she slept and a brick which she used as a pillow. Maalik Bin Dinaar said: "I have many affluent friends. Shall I ask them to bring some items for you?"

- Rabiah said: "O Maalik! Is my Provider, your Provider and the provider of the wealthy not the same Being?" Maalik said: "Yes." Rabiah: "What, has He forgotten about the needs of the poor on account of their poverty while he remembers the needs of the wealthy?" Maalik Bin Dinaar: "It is not so." Rabiah: "When He never forgets anyone, why should we remind Him? He has wished this condition for me and I am pleased with it because it is His pleasure."

HER DEMISE

When her time to depart from earth was near, the illustrious Mashaa-ikh gathered by her. She said: "Go away and leave place for the Angels." They all went out and closed the door. While they were waiting outside, they heard from within a voice reciting:

"O Soul at Rest! Return to your Rabb."

For a long while thereafter there was silence. When they went inside they discovered that Rabiah's soul had taken flight from this world and had reached Allah.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:34 AM   #15
Sillaycheg

Salaam alaikum,

Brother Rahmaniyya, are you a scholar? I just wanted to say that your english is very good and flowing. I appreciate the effort you make to translate these beautiful prayers of our salaf. Jazakallah khair.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:58 AM   #16
Ferrotoral

To be honest I found myself looking for words in English which were not as harsh in some instances. It really is amazing how low and worthless he thought himself. May Allah give us even a portion of his tawaadhu'! Request to those more knowledgeable to correct any mistakes

Prayer of Uwais al Qarni Radhiyallahuanhu

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

O my Ilaah You are my Lord I am the servant
You are the Creator and I am the created
You are the Provider and I am the provided for
You are the Owning King and I am the possessed ruled
You are the Honourable Mighty and I am the unworthy low
You are the Independent and I am the dependent
You are the Ever Living and I am the lifeless
You are the Eternal and I am the ephemeral
You are the Noble and I am the lowly
You are the Beneficent and I am the useless
You are the Forgiving and I am the sinning
You are the Grand and I am the little
You are the Powerful and I am the weak
You are the Giver and I am the beggar
You are the Guardian and I am the frightened
You are the Generous and I am the poor
And You are the Answerer and I am the caller
So forgive my sins and overlook (my faults)!
Through Your Mercy O Arhamar-Rahimeen

Old 12-20-2009, 05:05 AM   #17
Ferrotoral

Salaam alaikum,

Brother Rahmaniyya, are you a scholar? I just wanted to say that your english is very good and flowing. I appreciate the effort you make to translate these beautiful prayers of our salaf. Jazakallah khair.
brother,

I am no scholar not even close. on my English - MS Word has some good synonyms . The du'as read so much more eloquently in arabic.

I studied a bit of arabic and these du'as are not difficult to translate and understand with some dictionary work which is always beneficial. It sounds like you know some Arabic so you should give some of them a go insha Allah!!

Please keep me in your du'as

Old 12-20-2009, 05:16 AM   #18
gugqgbyzlp

I translated it to the best of my ability. I was not sure about what "confess with those who were from me" means - I may have tranlsated incorrectly! I hope you or others can correct mistakes if any. Please excuse the weak english!

Each line is half a line on the actual thing:

The prayer of Ibrahim Adham rahimahullah

O my Ilaah (God) You are the Possessor of Grace (Fadhl) and Blessings (Mann)
And I am the possessor of mistakes so pardon me
Because my opinion regarding You O my Lord is one of beauty
So my Ilaah, make this good opinion a reality
O my Ilaah, don’t punish me for I
confess with those who were from me
The people think good of me but I am
the worst of creation if you do not pardon me
I have relinquished the created totally seeking your pleasure
and I have orphaned the dependents (his family) that I may see You
And even if You were to tear me, by my love, into pieces
My heart will not yearn for anything besides You
Pay no attention to the feeble one who has come to You
and has come hoping, hoping for Your Call
And even if, O Muhaymin, he has disobeyed You
he has not prostrated to a deity besides You
My Ilaah Your sinning slave has come to You
confessing the misdeeds, and he has supplicated unto You
Thus if You forgive, then this is worthy of You(r Grandeur)
But if you reject (my plea) then who will have mercy other than You?
O my Ilaah, I have repented from every disobedience
with sincerity, in hope of salvation
O Aider of the appealers, aid me
through Your Grace on the day they (the sinners) will be seized by the forelocks

I didn't get a chance to check out the translation line by line. I only checked that part where you said you weren't sure about: "confess with those who were from me".

Fa Innee Muqirrun billathee Qad Kana Minnee literally means: Indeed, I confess to that which has surely happened from me....i.e. sins.

In other words, he is confessing his sins to Allah. There's something similar in that line where you translated it as 'misdeeds'. He is talking about his sins and not about any human being or living thing.

Those words are really powerful and they sound waaaay better in Arabic. : )

Old 12-20-2009, 05:21 AM   #19
Ferrotoral

I didn't get a chance to check out the translation line by line. I only checked that part where you said you weren't sure about: "confess with those who were from me".

Fa Innee Muqirrun billathee Qad Kana Minnee literally means: Indeed, I confess to that which has surely happened from me....i.e. sins.

In other words, he is confessing his sins to Allah. There's something similar in that line where you translated it as 'misdeeds'. He is talking about his sins and not about any human being or living thing.

Those words are really powerful and they sound waaaay better in Arabic. : )

for the correction!

So the "alladhee" is referring to his sins and not to people. I will edit my first post accordingly.

again

Old 12-20-2009, 05:40 AM   #20
gugqgbyzlp

for the correction!

So the "alladhee" is referring to his sins and not to people. I will edit my first post accordingly.

again
Correct. Alladhee could be substituted with the word "As Shay" i.e. the thing...i.e. sin.

It's clarified in the line where he says, "Muqirran Bith Thunoobee"

Reply to Thread New Thread